OnStar Not Working Correctly

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmarcucio

I'm still on my free trial with OnStar and it has been working fine up until this point. Throughout the past few days I lost the Dashboard feature showing my state of charge and my remote start function is gone. I called OnStar and they said the system was down or not fully functioning due to maintenance. Today I got my dashboard/state of charge function back but still no remote start function. Is anyone else having this problem???

This just happened to me today. I don't know if the app updated or what but remote start and cancel remote start is totally gone. It changed the layout of the commands so only 4 show and there is space between the top and bottom. definitely looks intentional. I still have the state of charge though.

I'm talking about the phone app. I haven't checked the computer site. I had OnStar free trial periods before in my GM vehicles that I never purchased after the free trial period. With that said... Now that I own two electric vehicles, Volt and Spark EV I was planning on purchasing it for both cars when the trial period runs out because I like the charge status and remote start feature. However after this past week I'm having second thoughts about it. If I was paying for this now I would be pretty upset.

I'm in the same boat as you two. The "remote" tab of the OnStar iPhone app is down to four buttons for me (Lock / Unlock / Horn & Lights / Stop Horn & Lights), and nothing more. I'm not sure if it's related, but I've also noticed that I haven't been getting the "Charging Complete" text message alerts for the past few days.

Edit: Also wanted to add that the Remote Start buttons *are* visible in the very same OnStar iPhone app on the same iPhone when I switch over to view my other car (Chevy Sonic). This doesn't seem to be specific to the iPhone app, but related to the Spark EV in particular.

Same here, when I switch over to my other car which is a Chevrolet Volt the remote start and Cancel buttons are all there. it seems to be specific to the Spark EV

Ditto for me. The remote start function disappeared from my android phone app. It seemed like maybe it resulted from an update because other features changed as well. On the charging screen, I used to be able to hit the refresh button to get an update on the app as to the battery's charge state. Now it gives me the Charge Mode ribbon on the top with Cancel and Send as the only two options. Once I use the send option, then it gives me the ability to refresh again. Annoying since the remote start and the battery status were the things I used the most, and now they don't seem to work.

I just got an email from them saying I could now use these features but still I don't see the remote start and cancel remote start. :x

Chaconzies said:
I just got an email from them saying I could now use these features but still I don't see the remote start and cancel remote start. :x

Have you tried to Uninstall the app and then re install it?
I wonder if that would help ?

tigger19687 said:
Chaconzies said:

Have you tried to Uninstall the app and then re install it?
I wonder if that would help ?

It didn't, just now.

I contacted Onstar again today about the non-availability to long-range remote start my Spark EV and now my Volt also from my cell phone app. They said they had problems with vehicles starting themselves and they deactivated all of the remote start features and working on correcting and updating the app. The person I talked with said the service will be available again on January 9th and with much better features that customers will be very pleased with!!! We will see!

gmarcucio said:
I contacted Onstar again today about the non-availability to long-range remote start my Spark EV and now my Volt also from my cell phone app. They said they had problems with vehicles starting themselves and they deactivated all of the remote start features and working on correcting and updating the app. The person I talked with said the service will be available again on January 9th and with much better features that customers will be very pleased with!!! We will see!

We'll see. Thanks for the update!

gmarcucio said:

Thanks for following up! I don't use the feature very often, as I usually am within range to use the fob (a nice feature!), but when this time of year it is nice to start the car heating when out on the town and the car is in a parking garage.

I'll be glad to have things back to normal...but now I'm curious what upgrades will come with the return. :)

Bryce

Back