Northeast Saprk EV Testing the Winters

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmarcucio

Testing the waters here today in Upstate New York to see how the Spark EV is going to perform before the big storms arrive! So far so good!!! The Michelin X-Ice snow tires work great on this vehicle!

I think you'll be pleased. The traction and stability control work very well in the snow and the battery heating system works well if you preheat before unplugging to keep range consistent.

If you're worried about salt and debris with those nasty roads, you may want to check out these mud flaps:

http://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3661

Keep us posted!

Bryce

aviatorjames said:
Are those door graphics still available somewhere?
I've only seen them on 2014 model vehicles.

I tracked it down last May. Here's what I wrote then:

"My local dealer can order it. Thanks to Jeff in this thread.

John T at the the FH Dailey Chevy dealership in San Leandro, CA found it, sent me the picture below. I called my local Chevy dealer's parts dept, and they can order it: $79 is their price, same as shown in the pic. Not sure why installation is so much. The parts dept found it using the 19299198 number.

(Click on the picture for full-size view.)

gmarcucio said:
Testing the waters here today in Upstate New York to see how the Spark EV is going to perform before the big storms arrive! So far so good!!! The Michelin X-Ice snow tires work great on this vehicle!/quote]

But what about the heater? :)
Seriously, how long would you say it takes to get to ~70F in the cabin when you start it in the morning when it's been 10F or so overnight?

It must be essential to pre-heat in the northeast...
Mine is garaged in California and still I use this feature a lot!
Especially last week while we had near freezing temps!
(glad that's over with)

The best part about pre-heating in the winters for those of us who normally park outside is not needing to scrape the windshield! A warm interior is cozy, a warm battery is helpful to extend range, but I sure enjoy not having to scrape the windshield anymore! :)

Bryce

I'm curious to know how well your Spark does in the Winter with regard to range. How much of a loss do you see, if any at all? The winter here in the Northwest has been relatively mild and it seems that the additional drain, has resulted in about a 15% loss of range (including the use of the heater). Can you comment on what you're seeing in your conditions in the North East?

I really like the racing striped on the hood and top, (as well as the door graphics). Does Chevy sell those, as well?

gmarcucio said:
Testing the waters here today in Upstate New York to see how the Spark EV is going to perform before the big storms arrive! So far so good!!! The Michelin X-Ice snow tires work great on this vehicle!

Hello gmarcucio !! I just ordered a white Spark EV 2LT w/fast charger. :) I love the racing stripes on the hood and top and the graphics on the side. I saw the post later in this thread and can order the side graphics, but can you tell me where/how you got the hood and top stripes?

Thanks!!

Eric

ezryder said:
gmarcucio said:

Hello gmarcucio !! I just ordered a white Spark EV 2LT w/fast charger. :) I love the racing stripes on the hood and top and the graphics on the side. I saw the post later in this thread and can order the side graphics, but can you tell me where/how you got the hood and top stripes?

Thanks!!

Eric
I ordered them directly from Chevrolet Parts Department.

gmarcucio said:
ezryder said:
gmarcucio said:

Thanks!!

Eric
I ordered them directly from Chevrolet Parts Department.

Interesting. My local dealer only had the side stripes. I went to a place that does vinly wraps and they did my stripes for me, for $220.

Back