Anyone got a better deal?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nmikmik

Hi,

I am considering leasing the Spark LT1 with DC charging plug. I think I have seeing it referred to as a "Franken-plug"

Was wondering if someone was able to get the $199 with $995 down plus tax - beat, if yes by how much and how? :)
I also noticed that my local dealer has all bunch of unnecessary (at least to me) options installed on both EVs he has. They did say that they can order one without the options if I don't want them though.
Please share if you have an incite,
Thank you.

I didn't know you can get a Spark with less options than what the 1LT already has. The deal you state sounds great, but make sure you get an out the door price before you go down to the dealer. I got wooed by a great sounding deal, but then my lease price went from 210 per month / 2500 down to 225 per month and 3500 down. I didn't factor in how much taxes/title/registration were going to be, and drove away from the dealer pretty unsatisfied about the lease, but at least I got the Spark!

Sorry about you having a poor experience at the dealership :(

I am just referring to an advertised special here, hope it shows ok

http://www.chevrolet.com/current-deals.html?x-zipcode=92101

Thanks,
but hmm...

That's like $261 out the door including tax for me and I am currently paying $269 on the similar lease for 2013 Camry Hybrid that I barely negotiated.

On one side I'd like to see what the 2015 brings as far as features/lease deals, but I am also afraid to lose the 2014 "deals"

nmikmik said:
Hi,

I am considering leasing the Spark LT1 with DC charging plug. I think I have seeing it referred to as a "Franken-plug"

Was wondering if someone was able to get the $199 with $995 down plus tax - beat, if yes by how much and how? :)
I also noticed that my local dealer has all bunch of unnecessary (at least to me) options installed on both EVs he has. They did say that they can order one without the options if I don't want them though.
Please share if you have an incite,
Thank you.
The best lease deal I have seen was at rydell Chevy Northridge.
$3,052 down $99 a month, 10,000 mi per year. They had that for the last few weeks but not this week.
Less mi per year than most but even with a .25 per mile penalty it is less than the standard $199 lease. This didn't have the DCFC option.
Keep in mind you still qualify for the $2,500 rebate if you are in CA

Thanks supcrds,

So i guess it is possible to beat, not by much but still.
according to my math it will come close to $184 a mo (with no money down) plus tax and fees.
I am guessing the higher the down payment, the lower is the lease rate? Doesn't make any sense to me on a lease, but that's what they want I guess.

When I get my Spark, and I am pretty set at this point on getting that and nothing else, I'd definitely get one with the DCFC and will gladly pay for it.
Considering residual I have seen mentioned here somewhere (i know it's a moving target) this option should cost me about $13 a month. Since I can't get it anywhere at any price afterward, well worth it to me.

supcrds said:
nmikmik said:
Hi,

The best lease deal I have seen was at rydell Chevy Northridge.
$3,052 down $99 a month, 10,000 mi per year. They had that for the last few weeks but not this week.
Less mi per year than most but even with a .25 per mile penalty it is less than the standard $199 lease. This didn't have the DCFC option.
Keep in mind you still qualify for the $2,500 rebate if you are in CA

$3,052 down $99 a month, 10,000 mi per year is great deal if you drive less than 10K per year. But, between this two deal the one I stated is still better.

10,000per year up that to 15K for 3 year is 15K x .25 = $3750 / 36 months is $104 per month. $104 plus lease $99 is $203 plus tax.
Final price $203 plus tax and $3,052 down.

My lease as stated is $199 plus tax down $1500 is still better than above from Rydell Chevy that unless you are to put more 15k per year on mileage. Of course you will also qualify $2500 rebate if you are in CA.

nmikmik said:
I'd definitely get one with the DCFC and will gladly pay for it.
Since I can't get it anywhere at any price afterward, well worth it to me.
Please do read http://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3643 and follow the directions at http://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5947#p5947 to at least confirm your knowledge about J1772 CCS DC FCs in your area.
nmikmik said:
Yes, TonyWilliams and I (and numerous others not on this forum) refer to it as that. I've decided to discontinue usage of that term here, since it was annoying some folks.

Thank you very much and very informative data.

Yes, I live in San Diego and do have at least one SAE capable station. Don't know if it's operation and how reliable, but there is ONE.
So if I need to go southbound from my home, I'd feel much better, going north not so much.
The next closest one is in Irvine :(

nmikmik said:
Hi,
Thank you.

There are virtually no options for the Spark EV. If I'm reading you correctly, your dealer is slapping a bunch of bunch of nonsense add-ons to his cars. Paint sealant? Fabric protector? Glass etching? Third party warranty? You name it, some places will add on any amount of very high profit items and charge an exorbitant price for it. (Years ago I saw a Yugo which listed for 3990 with 2000 of dealer add-ons) FIND ANOTHER DEALER, this one is out to get you. Decent dealers may still offer add-ons, but it will be pitched by the F&I man and not be required.

Not to offend any dealers who might be reading this. My extended family includes people who have owned dealerships, my retirement is brighter because of some auto dealer stock, and I consider it a decent profession soiled by a few really bad apples. Some add-ons are worthwhile, i.e. 3M chip protector film.

VonSpark said:
The best I have seen is $199 plus tax, down $1500 with 15K mileage per year. 2LT models no Franken-Plug.
Can you please share what was the sticker price on yours VonSpark?
I am trying to price out the 1LT with the QC DC & can't find anyone that got a decent deal on it.
Maybe they are more scarce than 2LT idono

nmikmik said:
VonSpark said:
The best I have seen is $199 plus tax, down $1500 with 15K mileage per year. 2LT models no Franken-Plug.
Can you please share what was the sticker price on yours VonSpark?
I am trying to price out the 1LT with the QC DC & can't find anyone that got a decent deal on it.
Maybe they are more scarce than 2LT idono

$27,400 was the sticker price on 2LT. QC DC not included.

Mine was $1600 down, $225/mo including all fees/taxes and was a 2LT with the DC fast charger.

Down payment includes first months payment, 276 registration, 29 electronic vehicle reg/transfer charge, 376 sales tax, 80 doc fee, 8.75 tire tax.

16,570 residual value, purchase option 16,820

I highly doubt three year old Spark EVs will be selling for 16,750+ in 2017

12k/yr

Dealer took my first counter offer so I guess I could have gotten it cheaper :)

wish I had found this forum earlier!!! tons of great info and might have helped with price negotiation.

just picked up our 2015 2LT w/DC fast charge in white, 10k miles/year lease since my daily commute is ~30 total, we get 4 hours of free 240v charging a day at work (more than I need to top off) and for most weekend excursions we use our 2-wheeled vehicles.

seems like we got a pretty good deal, not the best though:
monthly payment ~$129= $99 (base)+ $18 (Ally lease protect add-on with Costco discount)+ $11 (CA tax, 9% in our area)
down w/fees $3,977 (after CA rebate will be $2,477)
residual/buy out $16,408
cap cost $28,118 ($26,893 + $595 lease admin fee + $630 Ally lease protect add-on) , dealer rebates/credits $6,200
total 3-year lease cost (inc down, less rebates) $6,124 or roughly $170/mo ($10 less than my average monthly fuel cost in current car) = $14,824 - $6200 dealer rebates/credits - $2500 CA rebate

a bonus for me:
-using the HOV lanes once my stickers come, my daily toll cost will drop from $5 to $2.50, a savings of about $650 per year!
-my insurance on the Spark EV is ~$300 less per year than current car

L1T, NO fast DC charge.

$2950 Down includes 1st month lease and a bunch of other fees I don't care about.
$68.32/month for 35 months

10K/year for 36 months
No Ally bank lease protection
No deposition fee at the end if I don't buy the car or lease another.

Residue is around 16K.

After $2500 CA credit, it should cost $2838.05 total for the 3 years lease. Best deal yet if you don't care about the fast charge and no Ally Lease protection. Not sure if I need it if I take care of the car and don't go over mileage.

That's a great deal. My wife and I are really in love with this little car. We are going to come very close to the 35k mile limit our lease is allowing us. 2300 miles in 5 weeks so we are going to have some serious attention to that.

With her 60 mile round trip daily for about 40 weeks out of the year I thought we would have some room to work with, but I'm sure like some owners of these amazing little adult like toys, we find excuses to just go out and romp it around.

I love letting friends and co workers drive this thing and watch all of them after mashing the pedal down smile, and for the first time really consider a pure EV as an alternative.

Back