OnStar Not Working Correctly

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an email from OnStar today saying my issue had been resolved.
Deleted RemoteLink from my iPhone and reinstalled it, again.
No remote start, still.
Issue not resolved but thanks for the email OnStar. At least you're still thinking of me.

My notifications don't appear to be working whether it's by text or email.
I used to be notified when my charging was complete.
Anybody else having the same issue?

Edit: Never mind. I went back over the thread and others are experiencing same.

So Google pushed a new version of the OnStar app to my phone this evening. And while it describes in detail Spark EV remote start functionality, no new remote start button exists. As for other fancy new features.......there are none.

I have to say, though, that I'm glad that a while back they updated the text notifications so they all come from the same "number" now, instead of random telephone numbers. This way they all show up as one txt conversation on my phone vs. many different ones.

I think they (OnStar) will need to hear from a lot more of us about the issue (before taking action). I called and after some coercion (and after the receptionist went to check) it was confirmed as a known issue. Did anyone else get a stock reply at first saying the remote start feature is not included on [your] aftermarket installed OnStar? I had to insist in no uncertain term that my OnStar was factory installed...somehow they have this issue identifying OnStar systems installed after purchase.

Still not on Android.

EDIT: a reinstall worked and remote start is now back. FYI - Android said there was another update tonight but still no remote start. A reinstall was necessary.

App just updated to the new UI and remote start is back. New UI is alright. Looks cleaner and more iOS7 but doesn't really add anything new.

after andriod app update on Thurs the remote start/stop function is finally there. the plug in notification via text is finally working but still not the charge complete one or any email ones.

NomadMac said:
Remote Start was repaired a while back.
Are notifications working for anybody else?

I'm glad I'm not paying for this "service".

Yeah now I cannot get any updates status from my car on my phone anymore.

I disconnected my 12v battery for 30 seconds and it fixed it. I had waited 2 weeks for Onstar but got tired of waiting.

Every thing except the diagnostic tab was working for me. I hated not being able to remotely "charge now"

Just give the car a reboot! :D

Back