Spark 2LT with FC Lease Deal in LA/OC

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First, I have been reading this board for a while and learned so much from all here- THANK YOU!

I just wanted to share that I finally pulled the trigger and got what I think is a pretty sweet deal on a lease in Orange County. I hope that future buyers can use this info to help themselves find an even better deal!

36 mo/36k mi
Total Drive Offs: $940
Monthly: $153 (tax included)

Total paid over term: $6,295
California Rebate: $-2,500

Net Paid over 3 years: $3,795
and of course the gas and maintenance savings on top of that!

It sure does seem everyone should have one of these at this price! I drove it around for a few hours and love the quiet and quick ride!

That sounds almost too good to be true
I am not for leasing but if I was given that pricing I would have done that in a heart beat !

I did trade a vehicle which I believe got me a conquest incentive which was included in the price I showed.

However, the price I listed was further reduced by the difference between my trade value and what I owed on the loan for it. I did not show this further reduced amount to try to keep it easy to compare.

But again, yes this deal did include a trade in conquest incentive from Chevy.

Just wanted to clarify everything for those of you that are still looking for one.

There is $1,000 conquest cash available on the Spark EV if you trade in a 1999 or newer non-GM vehicle.

Also, as sparkchewbacca said, this deal also included some money from a trade-in, so please keep that in mind if you are looking for a similar deal (the payment and/or the drive-off would be higher without a trade-in).

This deal is not too good to be true. I leased a 2015 Black 2LT last week (36 mo., 10K) for $2990 down, and 35 monthly payments of $90. Total paid over term of $6140. Subtract $2500 for state rebate, and I'm at $3640 out of pocket over three years. My brother saw my car for the first time on Friday, and on Saturday morning (at the same SFV dealer) leased his own silver 2LT for the same down and $85/mo. Neither deal involved a trade in. Process was quick and blood-free. I have been a car guy my whole life, and a mechanical engineer for 30 years, but I will tell you that the future does not look bright for the ICE if my EV is any indication. Given that this car is a retrofit of EV technologies into an existing design, my hat is off to the engineers that accomplished. A+ for engineering and execution. Yes, my judgement may be clouded by the incredible value my lease represents, but it is still a remarkable piece of engineering. I can only hope the same development team is currently working on a clean sheet project!

VenturaSprkEV said:
This deal is not too good to be true. I leased a 2015 Black 2LT last week (36 mo., 10K) for $2990 down, and 35 monthly payments of $90. Total paid over term of $6140. Subtract $2500 for state rebate, and I'm at $3640 out of pocket over three years. My brother saw my car for the first time on Friday, and on Saturday morning (at the same SFV dealer) leased his own silver 2LT for the same down and $85/mo. Neither deal involved a trade in. Process was quick and blood-free. I have been a car guy my whole life, and a mechanical engineer for 30 years, but I will tell you that the future does not look bright for the ICE if my EV is any indication. Given that this car is a retrofit of EV technologies into an existing design, my hat is off to the engineers that accomplished. A+ for engineering and execution. Yes, my judgement may be clouded by the incredible value my lease represents, but it is still a remarkable piece of engineering. I can only hope the same development team is currently working on a clean sheet project!

Well, total out of pocket is $6,630, right? Including down payment... So, $184/mo. That's a great deal. When I go for it, probably in a few weeks, I will try for $1,500 down and $132/mo based on this. (roll the added $1,490 into the lease). Then I'll have $1,000 for putting in the 240v EVSE when my $2,500 shows up. I just hope a Northern CA dealer will go for it. Buying down there and getting it back here would take days... Not even sure it would be possible.

Not sure if you guys know, but here is a pretty decent deal from Rydell. It is the L1T and NO DC fast charge.

They were very fast and efficient. Very upfront and NO hidden fees like other dealers. They didn't force the LoJack on me either and I just politely declined some mileage overage insurance.

http://www.chevynorthridge.com/Newspaper-Specials?siteMapItemName=3289501381514904562

This is the cheapest I have ever seen.

I live in San Diego so it was a bit of a hassle getting it down here from Northridge (150 miles). But I managed. Charged once for 4.5 hours in Irvine. The 3.3KW onboard charger is painfully slow!

Total came out to $68.23 per month AFTER tax and $2950 due at signing.

2950 + 68.23*35 = 5338.05 - 2500 from CA rebate = $2838.05 TOTAL for:
A) 10K miles/year
B) 36 Month lease
C) Residue is 16K if I wanted to purchase the car at the end
D) NO deposition fee
E) Free to return to ANY Chevy dealer after lease
F) $500 charger credit if you go to http://www.plugincars.com/chevrolet-spark-ev. Essentially a free charger if you opt for the 16A version. Otherwise a few more bones for the 30A version.
G) Free tire rotation at ANY Chevy dealer

My gasoline Civic Si Sedan:
Averages 26mpg
30000/26 = 1154 gallons of gasoline
1154 * $3/gallon = $3,462

This is cheaper than the gas cost of driving my current Civic Si Sedan for 30K miles assuming $3/gallon gas cost. My Civic requires Premium. Yes I know it's cheaper than $3/gallon right now, but we all know it will go back up and I have 3 years from now to prove it! HAHA

Maintenance for my Civic 3 years/ 30K miles:
A) 5x oil changes ~ $30
B) at least 1 expensive oil change where they check everything ~ $200
C) 2x Cabin/Air Filters ~ $40
D) Maybe brakes/fluids ~ $200
E) Depreciation ?

Total with maintenance: $3932

So driving my Gas car definitely cost more

Disclosure: I own a solar system so the electricity is free for me. But if you want to be nit picky, it comes out to be $0.08/kWh assuming 25 years operation with degradation to 80% Efficiency at 25 years. Assuming 4 miles/kWh to factor in inefficiency of charging and the occasional speeding, we are looking at 7500kWh*$0.08/kWh = $600

So the car cost $600 of electricity for the 30K miles in 3 years.

Total with Electricity and maintenance: $3438.05... STILL cheaper than the gas and about $500 less even if you don't factor in Depreciation.

VenturaSprkEV said:

Dying for this deal. I just sent them an email, but do you have the name of someone I can deal with? I'll fly down and drive it back, even though I figure it will take me four days. LOL And I better hope the King City charger is working...

I worked with Vig at Rydell. His cell is 805-501-6940. Like I said, it was a stress-free experience. I rode the train in from Ventura and he picked me up at the station in Chatsworth. After a test drive, the paperwork, and some operating instructions, I was on my way.

I just reserved one and submitted finance paperwork for it. :) Awesome deal! I'm flying down there in two weeks to pick it up and limp home with it. I figure 4 days and three nights. Probably cost me $1,000 between airfare and lodging and meals. I wonder if there's a way to ship it for less?

Anyway, now I'm trying to figure out what adapters I need for all the different Level 2 chargers I'll have to use on the way. I've been focused on getting a charger for my house but haven't considered what I use when I pull up at a charging station. It's a bring-your-own situation, right?

You won't need any adapters for any chargers for J1772 stations, which are everywhere. If you go to plugshare.com and filter (see "more options" if you're using a PC) to display only "EV Plug (J1772)" for these stations.

If you have the DC fast charge option, you can also include "SAE Combo DCFC" in your filter as well.

Bryce

Nashco said:
You won't need any adapters for any chargers for J1772 stations, which are everywhere. If you go to plugshare.com and filter (see "more options" if you're using a PC) to display only "EV Plug (J1772)" for these stations.

If you have the DC fast charge option, you can also include "SAE Combo DCFC" in your filter as well.

Bryce

Hmm... OK, great. That's what I thought all along, but I saw some comments about 14-50 and what-not receptacles. I guess those weren't J1772. Regardless, I've decided to have the car shipped, as it's actually cheaper than just the flight down there to pick it up, never mind the 2 or 3 nights hotel to get me back.

ezryder said:
Nashco said:

Bryce

Hmm... OK, great. That's what I thought all along, but I saw some comments about 14-50 and what-not receptacles. I guess those weren't J1772. Regardless, I've decided to have the car shipped, as it's actually cheaper than just the flight down there to pick it up, never mind the 2 or 3 nights hotel to get me back.

Yeah It's not worth flying in for.

Personally if it was any further, I wouldn't be willing to go to north ridge from san Diego to pick up. Once you factor in hotels and flight, the deal of $65/month and $2950 down really doesn't look that appealing anymore. I had to stayed in Irvine for 4.5 hours to get enough charge. And I barely made it back with 3 miles range left from Irvine.

I would say you should try to get the same deal where you are and if they are not willing to match then go for this deal. But work out the shipping cost carefully because it might be better if you can get it slightly higher somewhere a few driving hours away as oppose to a few driving days away.

Best of luck!

The only caveat I have with this car is the insurance. I am not sure if it's true for other people, but it like around $65/month just for insurance for this car. Hopefully it goes down the next year. I guess there is NO discount for having multiple cars on the policy. O well I can't return the car now. I love driving it so much!

Yeah It's not worth flying in for.

I would say you should try to get the same deal where you are and if they are not willing to match then go for this deal. But work out the shipping cost carefully because it might be better if you can get it slightly higher somewhere a few driving hours away as oppose to a few driving days away.

Best of luck!

The only caveat I have with this car is the insurance. I am not sure if it's true for other people, but it like around $65/month just for insurance for this car. Hopefully it goes down the next year. I guess there is NO discount for having multiple cars on the policy. O well I can't return the car now. I love driving it so much!

Well, I checked the local dealers and they couldn't come "anywhere near" this price. I leased it from Rydell Chevy in Northridge and am having it shipped to me for $400. I haven't checked insurance, yet, but it BETTER not be double for two cars; that's crazy! I can only drive one at a time, and I work from home. Very low mileage expected. At least for the foreseeable future. For $85/mo, incl taxes, it's a no-brainer. I waste more than that on eating out for one night. Even factoring in PG&E - probably no more than $30/mo, which will be mostly offset by not paying for gas, assuming I don't do much, if any, longer distance driving and have to use my ICE car - and insurance, which I'm figuring will be about $25/mo, I hope - then it's still a $125/mo toy. My cable bill is more. My cellphone is more. It's a no-brainer. If it was up in the $200+ range - like they want up here - then it's a bit more of a hesitation.

Back