Nashco
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 12:00 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: OBD2 Scanner and Software for 2015 Chevy Spark

Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:08 am

More Engine Link testing shows that the app locks up a LOT with regular use, requiring the program to be closed and restarted to get it going again. Charging showed some interesting information, but highlighted several Volt specific PIDs that don't apply to us. I'll remove some of those and use the app some more to see if it locks up less.

Bryce

solder
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:16 pm
Location: 2015 Spark EV, NorCal

Re: OBD2 Scanner and Software for 2015 Chevy Spark

Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:37 pm

NORTON wrote:
solder wrote:What's ATF? If anyone has any requests, I can look into finding the pids.
The 'Drive Unit's' lubricant. It may have a temp sensor. The Volt did. ( Automatic Transmission Fluid )
This?
"Auxilliary Transmission Fluid Pump Inverter Temperature Sensor" (val: 37 deg C)

I need to do more analysis to confirm this, but it appears to be ECU 259, diag message 28CC, 1 byte, offset from -40.

This should look something like this in the CSV:

ATF Temp,ATF Temp,2228CC,(A-40),-40,200,C,259

I already started work on creating a SparkEV tab on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... oTFE#gid=0 -- but so far it's just a duplicate of the Volt tab. I have not gotten around to deleting the PIDs that are not relevant, but I intend to do so.

solder
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:16 pm
Location: 2015 Spark EV, NorCal

Re: OBD2 Scanner and Software for 2015 Chevy Spark

Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:06 am

Nashco wrote:More Engine Link testing shows that the app locks up a LOT with regular use, requiring the program to be closed and restarted to get it going again. Charging showed some interesting information, but highlighted several Volt specific PIDs that don't apply to us. I'll remove some of those and use the app some more to see if it locks up less.

Bryce
Yeah, and feel free to help me edit that Google Doc to remove the useless rows on the SparkEv page :)

Nashco
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 12:00 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: OBD2 Scanner and Software for 2015 Chevy Spark

Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:34 pm

solder wrote:
Nashco wrote:More Engine Link testing shows that the app locks up a LOT with regular use, requiring the program to be closed and restarted to get it going again. Charging showed some interesting information, but highlighted several Volt specific PIDs that don't apply to us. I'll remove some of those and use the app some more to see if it locks up less.

Bryce
Yeah, and feel free to help me edit that Google Doc to remove the useless rows on the SparkEv page :)
I'll chip away at it, that's easy to do here and there as time allows. I also need to dig into what it will take to load a custom (not-preloaded) library. According to the app developer, it's possible, but it's not intuitive. I found some instructions here, which I'll try later:

http://www.ksolution.org/outdoor/help.h ... oaccess.3F

Bryce

solder
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:16 pm
Location: 2015 Spark EV, NorCal

Re: OBD2 Scanner and Software for 2015 Chevy Spark

Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:49 pm

Nashco wrote: I'll chip away at it, that's easy to do here and there as time allows. I also need to dig into what it will take to load a custom (not-preloaded) library. According to the app developer, it's possible, but it's not intuitive and not documented.

Bryce
I did it, it wasn't too bad. You have to export that CSV from Google Docs, and then go to iTunes, select the phone, select Apps, EngineLink, and drag the CSV file into the list of CSV files:

Image

Sync the phone with iTunes.

Then, go into the EngineLink app on the phone, swipe right several times until you get to the "Long press to create or move the custom PID" screen. Long-press, click Small Bar to get into the "Custom PIDs" screen. Press "Edit", then "Load PIDs", and the custom PIDs should appear:

Image

Nashco
Posts: 537
Joined: Wed May 29, 2013 12:00 am
Location: Portland, OR

Re: OBD2 Scanner and Software for 2015 Chevy Spark

Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:06 pm

solder wrote: I did it, it wasn't too bad. You have to export that CSV from Google Docs, and then go to iTunes, select the phone, select Apps, EngineLink, and drag the CSV file into the list of CSV files:
Ha, you're too quick. I found that page and updated my post above shortly after posting it, thus my ninja edit above, but looks like you were hot on it anyway. Thanks for the walk-through, I'll have to try that when I've got the magic wifi+laptop+time combination. ;)

Bryce


ee241
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:31 pm

Re: OBD2 Scanner and Software for 2015 Chevy Spark

Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:59 pm

Would anyone mind uploading a copy of the working csv file for the Spark? It would seem the online Google Doc version has been tampered with, and the Spark codes deleted.

MrDRMorgan
Posts: 1138
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:27 am
Location: Manteca in Central California

Re: OBD2 Scanner and Software for 2015 Chevy Spark

Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:15 pm

ee241 wrote:Would anyone mind uploading a copy of the working csv file for the Spark? It would seem the online Google Doc version has been tampered with, and the Spark codes deleted.
I would be happy to upload the MS Excel .CSV file but I do not know how to put the file into this message so the file can be copied by others. HELP!

zzcoopej
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:06 pm

Re: OBD2 Scanner and Software for 2015 Chevy Spark

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:34 pm

ee241 wrote:Would anyone mind uploading a copy of the working csv file for the Spark? It would seem the online Google Doc version has been tampered with, and the Spark codes deleted.
We should have a copy of it from when we were trying to support the Spark in our EvBatMon App, send me a PM if you're stuck. Also, if you are keen to collaborate we are still interested in supporting the Spark however we don't have access to the vehicles here in Australia to undertake the required testing.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”