Experience with Sport Car Tires (Yokohama S.drive)

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremyrode

Needed new tires and I hated the LRR / Eco tires. I decided to order Yokohama S.drive's (185/55R15 and 195/55R15). Note that these tires are directional, so this combo cannot be rotated.

Impressions after 1k miles. Car is amazing to drive, minimal wheel-spin at full throttle, amazing cornering. In fact, I sold my MX5 miata, as I no longer drove it much. The Spark is that much fun. S.drives are way quieter than the LRR, car is silent now up to about 30 MHz.

The bad: I did lose some range. Meter usually around 67 miles on LRR, is usually around 62 miles for the S.drives, so around 5 miles of lost range.

Very worth it in my opinion.

good data point- esp. since finding tires that fit the Spark is a challenge

as a midwestwerner, i'd point out that the S drives are a "summer" tire and thus not suitable for near freezing temps. or snow/ice

cheers

jeremyrode said:
Just an update, front tires lasted for 17k miles. Still worth it.

I just got a 2015 with 37K mi. It's ready for its third set of front tires already at only 37K. The 2nd set are Goodyear Integrity. So, even with LRR tires but no real tire rotation, the life isn't much better.

Back