Throttle /pedal controller for Tesla ?? Pedal commander Spark EV

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVTWRC

https://pedalcommander.com/products/pedal-commander-pc49-bluetooth?rq=yr_2015~mk_chevrolet~md_spark-ev~rk_lt~qj_ Very unsure of this but then digging around found this : https://madnessautoworks.com/2019-Tesla-Model%203/start-shopping-cid1/performance-upgrades-cid3/tesla-model-3-throttle-controller-madness-gopedal-bluetooth-pid11996 If the drive by wire system in the pedal is poindometer based , changing the resistance may or may not cause an error code but it’s an interesting topic. Does the Sport button in the Spark EV work on the same principal as the Pedal Commander ? Will OnStar bother me when I plug in one of the cheaper controller options. We will find out and we will make sure we document it. Stay safe during these times , hopefully everyone is well .

It will be interesting to see what you find out! Do you think adjusting this curve will get the traction control to not cut power to the wheels?

@kermit I can’t speculate but the fact that it’s ok for a Tesla means there is something to test. I thought the Pedal Commander EV listing was a mistake but I’m going to email them about authenticity. What will it do to Sport mode on the Spark if anything at all ?

Pedal commander email states : Hello , PC works trough based of on a accelerator pedal sensor; internal combustion engine or electric motor not really matter it will transfer the data faster than stock so response of electric motor will be faster.

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 3:42 AM, SVTWRC <svtwrc
Was wondering if this has been tested in an Electric vehicle . Can you provide any test results and or reviews of the PC49 for an electric vehicle . Very interesting that the drive by wire unit is the same for the internal combustion .

So no test results means the hypothesis is sound but my overall question is : will it throw any codes or “messages” when we hook this up . I ordered the famed EBay 9-drive throttle controller that has been tested numerous times on GM vehicles on YouTube with zero side effect. This may be a great way to “tune” some aspect of drivability. The throttle controller sends a resistance curve from a junction box hooked in between the drive by wire go pedal and the ECU. The controller has selectable modes that ramp up the resistance curve and send the new revised signal faster than anyone can push the pedal removing some of the lag in the pedal. Testing stats when the unit arrives. Stay tuned

Hey all ! Aug 2020 the 9 - Drive throttle controller for the Chevy Spark WORKS ! It failed its Plug -and-play test but to be fair all it needed was the calibration setup . It threw the Reduced Propulsion code upon first start up when it wasn’t calibrated . You don’t have to drive it to test the functions, it will trip the Code if you don’t have it set up right. After that it was exactly as advertised and was spinning the tires at 45 MPH in a Sport + mode and I was scared to drive it in The Sparks Sport mode combined with any of the Upper modes on the 9Drive. It sent the Spark like a rocket ship with minimal tip in . It says right on box it’s made for ALL motors even full electric. If this inexpensive piece works The Pedal Commander should be a great option for a quality controller. Videos on YouTube coming soon !

Back