Original Spark EV floor mats available

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMenacker

We sold one of our two 2015 Spark EVs. It was a very sad day as that was one of my favorite daily drivers. We do have a Model 3 on order as a replacement so that both short and long range personal transportation will soon hopefully be combustion free.

Anyway, we let the Spake EV go with rubber mats installed and now have an extra set of Spark EV original carpeted mats.

$100 plus shipping from 25403.

Regards,

Joe M in WV

What color floor mats? Did you have the rubber mats since new or nearly so? Are the mats in "like new" condition?

Also, does your Model 3 have AWD? I'm very curious about the regenerative braking. If I understand correctly, all the Teslas can only be driven in "one-pedal" mode. The brake pedal only actuates the friction brake. Is this really true? I find this surprising. The Spark's driving modes are brilliantly implemented and optimally efficient. Also, rear wheel drive really kills the efficiency of regenerative braking.

The cloth mats are in like new condition - with factory installation tag intact. They were replaced with rubber mats after we took the car home from the dealer.

The model 3 is long range - we plan on keeping it long term and felt maximizing range at outset would come in handy, especially after living with the Spark EVs for several years. I’m not sure about Tesla braking. Spark config with threshold setting for friction brakes is very good, however, Spark EV friction brakes sometimes seem inadequate when needed most. During the Model 3 test drive, regen seemed to work without surprises.

Mat pics can be sent via email. Please pm for pics if interested.

Happy motoring,

Joe M in WV

Regarding color of the floor mats- grey with blue piping.

5-C3146-FA-BCEF-42-DB-99-C2-2172-A33099-F5.jpg

3317-EFB6-AE0-F-4-D09-9-D27-2-AB72438-A847.jpg

2-D78-B261-F29-A-4409-AE30-5292-EA740153.jpg

Joe M in WV

[email protected]

JMenacker said:
The model 3 is long range - we plan on keeping it long term and felt maximizing range at outset would come in handy, especially after living with the Spark EVs for several years. I’m not sure about Tesla braking. Spark config with threshold setting for friction brakes is very good, however, Spark EV friction brakes sometimes seem inadequate when needed most. During the Model 3 test drive, regen seemed to work without surprises.
Joe M in WV

I pulled some fresh Dot 4 through the lines with a suction gun and put the car in neutral going down hills to clean up the brakes and it made a bit of difference with the brakes on my Spark EV. I also do that with my Bolt, too.

Back