Toyo Extensa HP II and rear tire info needed

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickBrandt

Hi, Anybody know anything about Toyo Extensa HP II’s ?
Time to replace my rear tires (195/55 15) and Bridgestone doesn’t make a replacement for the rears so I’m looking at the Toyos to go with my Bridgestones Ecopias up front.

I have Eco whatever’s up front and I’m committed to them since I got a really good deal for four at Costco (2 on the car, and 2 in storage). I go through fronts about every 15k miles as I commute over a twisty 1700’ pass( CA Hwy 17) every day. It is sometimes wet, but mostly not. I’m hoping the new rears will coexist with the Eco whatever’s. Any advice appreciated.

Nick

Can't quite make out the tire from the photo, but the PO told me he recently put a specific tire on the 2014 I just bought, and it made a WORLD of difference for his commute. I can only make out the last three letters of the first word, but it seems to be xxxaco strada, and has a roadway surface embossed on the sidewall. Seems pretty good so far, although I haven't really wanted to rally-race it..... yet.

Will try for a better photo later today.

OK; here are what came with mine, and so far they've been pretty good. Carved Santiago Canyon late last night on the way home from work, and I have no complaints.

Rear: Pirelli Cinturato Strada 195/55 R15 - Couldnt' read max tire pressure, but these things have an entire book printed on the sidewalls in smalltext.
Front: Yokohama YK740 GTX 185/55 R15 82V - 51`psi max pressure

Using Torque, so far I've found only a few things that will give data. I have three active meters; "Hybrid Battery" percentage, Horsepower, and the GPS-to-indicated speed differential. At highway speeds, it's typically flips between 0 and 1, but I have a lot of mountains around that can skew GPS at times so I don't worry about it.

The Toyo Extensa HP2 is a high-performance all-season tire designed for cars, SUVs, and light trucks. It features a silica-enhanced tread compound that provides excellent wet and dry traction, while its symmetrical tread pattern ensures good handling and stability. The tire also has four circumferential grooves that help evacuate water and reduce the risk of hydroplaning.
It is also recommended to check with a tire professional for the best tire to fit your driving needs and to confirm the compatibility with your specific vehicle make and model.

Hmm, I couldn't help notice that the warranty for the Toyo Extensa HP II is only 45k mi, compared to the 65 or 70k you typically see on low rolling resistance tires. Makes me wonder if your efficiency might be better with another choice. I recently installed General Altimax RT43, available in both 185/55 R15 and 195/55 R15.

Porsche said:
Hmm, I couldn't help notice that the warranty for the Toyo Extensa HP II is only 45k mi, compared to the 65 or 70k you typically see on low rolling resistance tires. Makes me wonder if you're efficiency might be better with another choice. I recently installed General Altimax RT43, available in both 185/55 R15 and 195/55 R15.

I wish I had known that before spending TWO WEEKS looking for OEM replacement tires for my Spark. Grrrr.

SparkE said:
I wish I had known that before spending TWO WEEKS looking for OEM replacement tires for my Spark. Grrrr.

Oh, bummer. Did you check here? I bought them a year ago and posted several times about them (as have others). Also, Kumho Solus TA31's have come up as a possibility.

Back