NickBrandt

Toyo Extensa HP II and rear tire info needed

Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:15 am

Hi, Anybody know anything about Toyo Extensa HP II’s ?
Time to replace my rear tires (195/55 15) and Bridgestone doesn’t make a replacement for the rears so I’m looking at the Toyos to go with my Bridgestones Ecopias up front.

I have Eco whatever’s up front and I’m committed to them since I got a really good deal for four at Costco (2 on the car, and 2 in storage). I go through fronts about every 15k miles as I commute over a twisty 1700’ pass( CA Hwy 17) every day. It is sometimes wet, but mostly not. I’m hoping the new rears will coexist with the Eco whatever’s. Any advice appreciated.

Nick

MisturChips

Re: Toyo Extensa HP II and rear tire info needed

Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:18 am

Can't quite make out the tire from the photo, but the PO told me he recently put a specific tire on the 2014 I just bought, and it made a WORLD of difference for his commute. I can only make out the last three letters of the first word, but it seems to be xxxaco strada, and has a roadway surface embossed on the sidewall. Seems pretty good so far, although I haven't really wanted to rally-race it..... yet.

Will try for a better photo later today.

MisturChips

Re: Toyo Extensa HP II and rear tire info needed

Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:43 am

OK; here are what came with mine, and so far they've been pretty good. Carved Santiago Canyon late last night on the way home from work, and I have no complaints.

Rear: Pirelli Cinturato Strada 195/55 R15 - Couldnt' read max tire pressure, but these things have an entire book printed on the sidewalls in smalltext.
Front: Yokohama YK740 GTX 185/55 R15 82V - 51`psi max pressure

Using Torque, so far I've found only a few things that will give data. I have three active meters; "Hybrid Battery" percentage, Horsepower, and the GPS-to-indicated speed differential. At highway speeds, it's typically flips between 0 and 1, but I have a lot of mountains around that can skew GPS at times so I don't worry about it.

Return to “News and Main Chevy Spark EV Forum”