185/60r15 Tires on Front

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rasta said:
Has anyway successfully used 185/60r15 tires on the front with no modifications? If so, what has your experience been?

search for :
tires front rear

using google.com :
tires front rear site:www.mychevysparkev.com/forum

You should find a LOT of recommendations (and experiences) on tires. For example :
https://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8922

I have 195 45 15 proxes t1r on all 4 corners with helium 6.5 x15 rims 7 lbs lighter per corner than stock I'm doing some test to compare range per kwh with stock rims and tires. But this set up gets rid of plowing and makes the car way more fun at the expense of slightly rougher ride and noisier tires

On the stock rims I have original tires on rear and ecopia 422 plus just installed will update on my findings

And yes I will compensate in my calculations for smaller diameter tires

With the 195 45 15 proxes I get 5.58 mi / kwh on a certain round trip. This is compensating for tire diameter (actual on display was 5.74mi/kwh)

With brand new ecopia 422 up front and stock not new tires in rear I get 6.5mi/kwh on same round trip

All this is with no AC or heat FYI

Supposedly as the ecopia wear my mileage should increase we shall see

Come on. Race tires. And your running efficiency models? Take out the abs fuse and tell me your g forces instead. And can anyone tell me if my 195/65r15 tires are going to fit in the rear? If 215/45r17 on et40 fit. I think 195/65r15 is smaller. For sure not on the front. Biggest I’d run is 205/50r15.

I wonder if I will have to drop the rear to match the front after adding the larger tires in the rear. Can anyone recommend something beside. 0010/250/0300. 10inch 2.5 ID 300lb/in.

And what size washers to add camber to the rear. And if it would be possible to zero out the tow in the rear with a washer. I’m getting outside should wear in the rear. Maybe low profile tires are in order. 195/45r15. Is the smallest tire sidewalls available in 15. In truth . I’d rather run 14s

In the front it’s overall diameter that more the problem than width. The spring perch and the inside fender offer interference. Width? Just add a spacer and roll the fender.

ayebah said:
In the front it’s overall diameter that more the problem than width. The spring perch and the inside fender offer interference. Width? Just add a spacer and roll the fender.

I wonder if a 2014 with the altered suspension for the new battery pack replacement will have the same geometry...

MisturChips said:
I wonder if a 2014 with the altered suspension for the new battery pack replacement will have the same geometry...
I seriously question that anything needs to be done to 'the suspension' if a '14 were to qualify for a replacement pack and they gave you a pack from a '15 or '16.
What could the weight difference be?
Where is it written that all this extra work is required?
The weight difference would not be more than having 3 of your LARGE in-laws sitting in the car. :cool:

Side note: Has there been any reported pack replacements under warranty from degradation?

The issue in the front is overall diameter more so than width. Interference is provided by the inside fender and the spring perch. Width? Just roll the fender and add a spacer.

Installing 185/60R15 tires on the front of a vehicle means using tires with a width of 185 millimeters, an aspect ratio of 60%, and designed to fit a 15-inch wheel diameter. This tire size can impact handling, grip, and ride comfort, and it is important to ensure it is compatible with the vehicle's specifications and requirements.

Back