Mileage threshold to buy?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pagester

Hey all - I'm looking at a couple Spark EVs with 40K+ miles for around $7000 and I was wondering if any you current owners have a threshold on mileage that would stop you from buying a used one? My daughter bought a '15 LT1 about 2 years ago now and has just over 48K miles on it and is still getting great numbers for range estimates, but she bought it with 20k-ish miles - so that had been my target for looking at one myself. But with a $7000 price tag on a LT2 w/ fast charge and 42K miles and appears to be really clean - it certainly has my attention.

BTW - thanks for the great resource while she's had her Spark - helped out a number of times!

2 bits O'Advice:

> Must have the DCFC option, but don't stress that to a sales'man'. You don't want to give them a reason to think you're interested. Just ask for a picture of the open charge port. It makes it possible to do long trips with this small EV,,, with patience.

>They'll always take less. It's totally up to you to save yourself thousands on a used car price. Haggling, negotiating, whatever you call it, you have to do it. And remember how to tell if a car salesdog is lying. Their lips are moving...

As far as a good number of miles for a used one,,, I have no opinion on that. My '14 with +81K miles on it is doing great with battery degradation.
I'm seeing 78 miles on the GOM in this warm weather and I fly in the left lane with all my commuting buddies at 70-80+ MPH!! :cool:

Just an FYI, I got an email from carfax earlier telling me my car has a trade in value of ~$2850.
You don't have to buy from a dealership, you know.....

thanks for the feedback - definitely focusing on DCFC cars and I've played the car salesman game plenty-o-times and probably enjoy it a bit too much :D

Back