Is there a 2500 track limit on USB storage?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisturChips

I spent hours last night ripping and populating a 32GB thumbdrive, only to discover it seems there's a 2500 track limit. Is there a way around this?

OK, this is completely a guess, but if you apportion the tracks, in a few different folders, will that solve the problem?

This is off of memory but I put a thumb drive in mine with more songs than that and it played but was impossible to find the song I wanted. I tried to modify the USB drive later and it wasn't recognizable on any PC that I had. After that it wouldn't play in the car again and I just had to toss it. This may have been just a USB failure but it worked in the car the day I pulled it out.

I seem to recall that in my Honda, there's a limit, but it's per folder. Of course, I haven't tried testing it.

Porsche said:
OK, this is completely a guess, but if you apportion the tracks, in a few different folders, will that solve the problem?

I have 'em in several folders, with three at the root of the drive. For kicks, I renamed the folders with 1_, 2_, and 3_ leading headers in their names. Whichever has 1 displays, and the limit does seem to be 2500 total music files. Strange.

The user manual states this:

USB Supported File and Folder Structure

The infotainment system supports:
. Up to 2,500 folders.

. Up to 10 folders in depth.

. Up to 2,500 music files.
. Up to 2,500 photo files.
. Up to 250 movie files.
. ID3 Tag (versions 1.0/1.1/2.2/ 2.3/2.4).
. FAT16.
. FAT32.
. exFAT.

Back