L1 and L2 Charging Efficiency

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrDRMorgan

I have been trying to find out what the L1 and L2 charging efficiency ratings are for the Chevy Spark EV. Do any of you owners have that information? Chevy and my local dealer were not of any help.

Thanks.

Dennis

MrDRMorgan said:
I have been trying to find out what the L1 and L2 charging efficiency ratings are for the Chevy Spark EV. Do any of you owners have that information? Chevy and my local dealer were not of any help.

Thanks.

Dennis
I'm not exactly sure what information you are looking for as besides the leatherette trim, the 1LT and 2LT models are exactly the same? But for my 1LT, I have a lifetime rating of 119 MPGe on 5255 miles driven.

Hi,

By comparing the amount of energy reported in the car on the energy screen with the energy that Chargepoint (L2 charger) gives in theei web report the charger and battery efficiency combined is about 86% average over 31 charges (~220kWH).

kevin

Thanks. Kevin. That is exactly what I was looking for and it is consistent with a value of 84% for L2 charging of a Nissan Leaf. I wonder if any other Spark EV owners have a value for L1 charging? The value I found for the Leaf is 73%.

Dennis

Back