Fully charged, but still drawing 700 W?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewRobinson

Hi there,

Our 2016 Spark EV just started doing something strange - it charges as usual on our L2 charger (3.3 kW), but then continues to draw around 700W. In the winter, it would occasionally draw extra power to heat the battery, but not constantly like this … and now it is summer!

We are located in Yellowknife, northern Canada - so daytime temperatures get up to 25 deg C (77F) and nights go down to 15C (60F). Hardly a huge cooling load … and as far as I know it wasn’t doing this until recently.

Any ideas what might cause this?

I read the beginning of the other thread you linked but not the entire thing but I'm seeing some weird thing starting to happen.

I never heard the fan coming on during charging before and now it's a constant thing. Yes, it's been warm but most time no more than last August when I first got the Spark. I can hear the water circulation coming on but not the fan and now the fan almost always comes on, EVEN after fully charged (green blinking light).

Back