Buffer after zero ?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinTM3P

Hello again! So I just got back from a very uh "adventurous?" to put it kindly, trip. Ended up putting the car in to "CHARGE NOW" mode, as it limited my top speed to 29mph. I was able to find a 110 outlet, and plug in enough to get 3 miles, and then make it to a charger. Do any pro's out there happen to know if there are any buffers after zero battery on the car? For example Tesla has typically around/between 15-30 miles buffer after the gauge says 0 miles. Thanks.

Judging by the voltage on the cells when the batteries are low. I highly doubt there is much if any buffer built in. Remember this was a short term compliance car until they could roll out the bolt.

Thanks @Kermit! for your reply/help. I'm a bit surprised there is not more info on this out there.. but like you said this is a short term compliance car, so yea, smaller owner pool. I guess I will have to take one for the team and find out! If you don't push/break the limits you will never know. :p

I took one for the team.
It stopped displaying miles of range, said low, said 'Reduced Power', it stopped moving.
Trust your display.
Why put a buffer in an 82 mile rated EV?

Back