Random climate system cycling

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentGreen

Maybe I missed something in the manual or maybe my car has a bug.

I will turn on the fan with the recirc button set to fresh/outside air. With the fan set on "1" or "2" but the Temp control OFF, the Climate Power usually reads around 6-8%. But at random times, the temperature control kicks on without me touching anything and the Climate Power ramps up to 30-40%. It's running like I turned on the Temp control but I don't touch a thing. Then after a few minutes it will shut off. At some point, it inevitably comes back on.

Does this happen to anyone else? It's really annoying when sometimes all I wanna do is keep the windows closed but let the fan draw in some cool air without running the actual AC.

scrambler said:
This could be because the battery conditioning is turning on.
But wouldn't that show up as batt cond on the usage page?

It should have if it was the AC compressor running because the battery needed cooling.

TMS cooling the battery will also cool air at the cabin AC evaporator.
Both cabin and TMS share the freon loop. You can't have one without the other. But the cabin air flow will try to stay on temp if it is turned on.

TMS heating will not because it has its own heating element in the battery coolant loop, along with the Freon heat exchanger..

Back