Battery Capacity Indicator

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabius

I've found the the Spark EV that I'd like to by. It's a 2016 chili red one (wife wanted something colorful) with quick charge. My question is: Is there a display on the dash that indicated the capacity (health) of the battery? The Nissan Leaf uses 12 bars display for full capacity. As the Lead battery ages and loses capacity the display shows less bars. Does the Spark have a similar display? Thanks.

Best practice is to start with a full charge and check capacity using the energy screen (leaf button on bottom right of infotainment display) after 50% or more of the available battery capacity is used. The two issues with doing that during a test drive are 1. Ensuring a full charge at start of test drive. 2. A 40-50 mile test drive to drain down 50% of available capacity.
Others have used an app to check battery capacity directly. There is a bit of setup involved that I'm not familiar with.

These cars are a blast to drive and require little maintenance. There weren't many made so parts might become an issue at some point. But an extra for backup!

Best of luck in purchase.

Joe M in WV

Back