Same size tires all around your Spark EV?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rasta

Anyone tried or have a theory about using 195/55R15 's (this is the rear tire size) on all 4 wheels? Both Discount Tire and Tire Rack tell me that its OK with no disadvantages. From my POV it will:
-allow you to rotate tires and get even tread wear and longer life on all 4.
-allow for slightly smoother ride.
-slightly higher clearance for parking stall cement wheel stops, curb or snow.
-slightly inaccurate speedometer as it will show that you are traveling slower than actual and that you are putting on less miles than actual.

Am I right, wrong, any other thoughts? Anyone tried this?

The front and rear wheels are different sizes/offsets also. The rear is 15x6.5 and the front is 15x6. I'm not sure you can mount the front wheels on the back and vice versa.

If you were to get some first or second generation Miata wheels in 15x7, they fit both front and rear of our cars just fine.

Others have used Chevy Aveo wheels. I'm sure there are lots of options which would allow tire rotation.

I think if you search a bit more several have found the maximum wheel and tire size for the fronts.
https://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3842
Like dorri732 mentioned the rear rims hit the calipers on the front but the fronts will fit on the back, someone on here mentioned putting the 15x6 fronts on all 4 corners without problems.
I think with the under steer on the car it would be nice to have 6.5" wide rims all the way around but it would probably effect the range and would require a wheel spacer to clear the front calipers.
I think even if your not rough on the car the fronts will wear out faster just because they are narrower.
The tires being the same size and profile would look different heights on different width rims, so it may be a smoother ride and faster speedometer so more miles, faster speed not less with larger diameter tires (side profile is based on tire width).

Back