Service Vehicle Soon Light Due to Low Fluid Level

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BetteInSCW

"Service Vehicle Soon" light was coming on intermittently, driving me crazy. No other alarms, but I noticed the high-voltage coolant level was a little low, maybe 1/8" below the horizontal line. I filled it up just above the horizontal line. No change--still the light would come on and then go off after 10 miles or so, then come back on. Two weeks later I added more coolant so it came up to the back of the arrow, about 1" above the horizontal line. This time the light is off and staying off. :D :D :D

Well, that didn't last long. Service Vehicle Soon light came on again this morning, no other alarms. Does anyone have any ideas?

BetteInSCW said:
Well, that didn't last long. Service Vehicle Soon light came on again this morning, no other alarms. Does anyone have any ideas?

What year is your Spark EV? Start by having someone read the code(s) from the OBD2 port to get an idea of what is going on. I have a 2014 Spark EV which is, in hot weather with the A/C running, constantly turning the Service Vehicle light on. I use Torque Pro to monitor the OBD2 port and I find that if I run the AC in hot weather, the transmission fluid temperature sensor goes nuts. Sometimes my trans fluid temperature is -32 deg, C and other times it is +90 deg. C. I have a service appointment later this month and I am going to insist the transmission fluid temperature be replaced under warranty. I also have a 2016 Spark EV that has been trouble free with transmission fluid temperatures in the normal range.

Back