TPM Sensor flaking out after tire change.

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZNuts

Took my 2016 into Discount to change out the two front tires 2 days ago. Right after, the right front TPM sensor wasn't responding so I took a u-turn right back and they had someone came out with a gadget to reset it. Seems all good, so I left.

Later the same day, right after I got on the highway, the left front sensor went out. I went back to the shop this morning and they did a more through "reset" of some sort that involving putting the car into some kind of reset mode and the sensor came back.

Well, later today as I get on the freeway the left front sensor went out again. I'm not sure what to do next. Seems they goofed something up while changing the tire but the reset brought the sensor back but doesn't last.

Any suggestions?

These things have a lifetime.
Maybe +5 years is what you got?
It is strange that it began as a simple tire change.
Did they go to all 4 wheels with the relearn tool when they did the 'reset'?
Not much else can be done.
Maybe it's time to replace all 4.... (amazon) Then take it to a shop that will install them.

I looked on Amazon, there are 315mhz and 433 mhz replacement sensors. Not sure which one Spark EV uses.

I'll call up Discount Tire and see if they have any suggestions. I had thought these thing have a replacement battery and some warning would come on but I guess not.

one thing just occur to me is that the new tire might have thicker wall so it's harder for it to communicate?

I saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8IdysYKWpc&t=0s and am tempted to buy that reset tool.

Back