SERVICE LIGHT goes on and off

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadpenning10

This is the fourth time in the last few years where my "Needs Service Soon" light pops on (the car icon with an exclamation point bisecting it vertically). However, before I have a chance to get it to the dealership for diagnostics, the light goes off. Almost every time, it stays on for approximately 12-24 hours and then it reverts to being off. Anybody experiencing anything like this or have any suggestions? My car is a 2016.

See if you can find someone with an OBD2 scanner and check the OBD2 port for possible error codes. Make a note of each code and then clear them and see if they return. In my 2014 Spark EV, I had a couple of codes that kept popping up after being cleared multiple times. It turned out I had an intermittent transmission fluid temperature sensor. It cost me $700 to have it replaced but I have not had any more codes pop up.

TorquePro will work too and provides much more information. I took pictures of the TorquePro readings on my phone and I was able to show the dealer how the transmission fluid temperature was jumping all over the place.

Back