Spark EV getting gas

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenspark

m2JaSzAl.jpg

Found here:
http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=160#p683

MrDRMorgan said:
VERY, VERY DANGEROUS!

:mrgreen: But, but,, the grass needs mowing and the wood has to be cut. :mrgreen:

How do you do it?
Suggestions?

Last time I made this run I told friends at work "I stopped at a gas station this weekend and then smelled gasoline in my Spark" ... :cool:

SparkE said:
What, exactly is VERY, VERY DANGEROUS about it?
Did you notice the number of containers? How many gallons of gasoline are in those containers? Think about possible gasoline vapors in the interior of the car. Think about getting rear-ended and what the gasoline might do. I understand a person might have to do this but it is potentially very dangerous.

MrDRMorgan said:
SparkE said:
What, exactly is VERY, VERY DANGEROUS about it?
Did you notice the number of containers? How many gallons of gasoline are in those containers? Think about possible gasoline vapors in the interior of the car. Think about getting rear-ended and what the gasoline might do. I understand a person might have to do this but it is potentially very dangerous.

So is driving - another car might T-bone you.

Driving around with 'that much' gas isn't much more dangerous (re: accident & explosion) than driving around with a gas-powered car, which would have even MORE gas than that in the tank. Yes, the vapors could be harmful - IF you are stupid enough to drive around all day, for hours, with containers that don't shut (all of mine do, BTW - no fumes at all once the top is screwed on). Driving for 30 minutes back from the gas station (because you live in a place where the gas station is 30 minutes away???) isn't going to hurt you, especially if you have the sense of a worm and roll down a couple of windows to keep the car aired out.

Instead, I got battery powered mowers, chainsaw and snow thrower, string trimmer, leaf blower with matching batteries and charge them with solar panels. Cheap clean and quiet, mostly.

Only gas I buy is for an old Buick we use for long trips.

I still make the occasional run for gas with my little one gallon container. My run is less than a mile, though. My snow blower and the power washer are still gassers, but the rest are electric, including my 40 year old lawn mower.

Back