16 With code P1E00 & U0284

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmperaE

So while shopping around in Texas for a Spark EV (literally 3 options in the entire state) I came across a 16 Spark EV with 32k miles while test driving it though it did have a the yellow ! Car light (guessing check light) & scanning it with my obd2 scanner revealed codes P1E00 - Hybrid powertrain control module 2 Request. And U0284 - Lost communication with active grille air shutter 1 Motor Module. So wondering if anyone has come across this issues as especially the 2nd one I can’t seem to find it discussed in the forum. Also if worth anything the car did have 28k miles averaging 4.9 Mi/KWH so im guessing it wasn’t driven too hard, was shipped from California and total motor output seemed to cap at 115kw and Regen on L mode to 35kw (without pressing the brake pedal. Thank you for reading

Summarized: codes P1E00 & U0284 are present on a 16 spark ev @ 32k Miles im interested on. Anyone knows anything about these? Thanks in advance.

I'm no expert but i think the Grill Shutter is controlled by the Powertrain control Module to activate and deactivate the grill shutter at certain highway speeds to extend the range making the front end more aerodynamic. One may have something to do with the other. Now taking it to Chevy service can be a different issue but you may still have a chance with your factory warranty , don't wait.

Back