NORTON

Re: Temperature problem?

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:51 am

Thanks again!
And now I can totally remove my back seats to get even more space. It's been a two seat cargo hauler for a long time.
I can't remember the last time I had the back seats up.
'14 Spark EV 2LT w/ DCFC. 91k miles.
'17 Bolt Premier w/ It All! 59k miles.
GM needs Modern Troubleshooting tools for Modern EV's.
3 step Trouble Tree, 1st try, nope, 2nd try / cost $800. 3rd try fixed it.

drpeshev

Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:03 am

It got cold again and the car stopped again(When I turn it on-only one happens: " Initializing , wait to shift",but NOT Ready). What is temperature-dependent under the hood???! When you put a heater in front of the car , it starts. It doesn't start below 10 degrees celsius (50oF)

Infinion

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:02 am

drpeshev wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:03 am
It got cold again and the car stopped again(When I turn it on-only one happens: " Initializing , wait to shift",but NOT Ready). What is temperature-dependent under the hood???! When you put a heater in front of the car , it starts. It doesn't start below 10 degrees celsius (50oF)
Yeah I'm not really sure what is allowing you to start the car under the hood. Instead of a big heater, do you have a blowdryer to direct the hot air more precisely? Maybe you could experiment on what specific section/component under the hood allows you to start the car when you heat it up.

Have you tried preconditioning the vehicle before driving? Press the lock button on your key then hold the precondition button for a few seconds until the hazards flash once. This will activate the car and enable the 2kW battery heater until you start driving.

Have you tried entering Service Mode? This is done by holding the start button for longer than 5 seconds and enables all systems besides driving, which you could use to heat the battery with the 2kW battery heater. After a minute, you can shut the car off and then start the car in normal mode to see if it is drivable.
drpeshev wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:16 am
Where (the Hell) is this resistor
What is battery disconnect unit BDU (12v harness?)
Are you actually talking about R39? If so, it is here

To access this, you have to remove the High voltage battery cover that sits overtop everything.

The battery needs to be disconnected and high voltage service disconnect removed.
Normally you would disconnect the connectors and lower the battery out of the car from below while the vehicle is on a lift....But that requires the help of a proper shop.

I don't know if you can access all the bolt locations from inside, but it is certain that you would have to remove the cloth floor, and I have no idea how to do that without removing it destructively with cuts all around the battery pack in order to create a huge opening. Better if you lower the pack on a big scissor lift table while the car is on a lift of its own. (Find an EV repair shop!).

Here are some pictures of the battery box situated in the vehicle.

https://www.sparktalk.com/threads/2014- ... tures.360/

drpeshev

Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:57 am

I haven't tried R39 yet , because it is too complicated and not under the hood.When I put a heater in front of the car in the garage and the temperature rises 10oC/50oF there is NO problem.
I tried preconditioning with the remote- not working under 10oC/50oF
Will try Service Mode!
Thank you very , very much

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”