sachan0101

Re: Tire recommendation

Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:18 am

Porsche wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:05 am

Thanks. The Altimax sounds like a good improvement and nice compromise. I've been leaning towards the Altimax or the Kumhos, probably the Altimax. They're listed as all-season. I'm on Long Island, New York. The winters are usually pretty mild, at least by comparison, so I won't bother with snow tires. How has your economy been affected, better, worse, same? How long have you had them? Wearing OK too? Thanks very much for the info.
I had Altimax over two summer seasons, put on about 10K miles earch season. It is my daily commute car - 26 miles one way with about 20 miles on high way. These Altimax weared evenly and really hold up very well. I don't feel any change of milage compring to that of Ecopia EP422. Since I have free level 2 charging at my work place's garage, I do not really need to nickel and dime my millage.

Kermit

Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:25 am

Porsche wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:05 am
Kermit wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:47 am
On a previous car I owned I had Kumho's and they were noticeably louder than any other tire I had. The Michelin's are what we have on our volt and are quiet.
Which Michelins do you have? Has your economy been affected? Now that I look again, the Premier A/S's only come in 195's not 185's. I use Michelins on most my other cars, but most don't come in the right size, especially any LRR ones. I think the X-ice are the only ones that come in the right size, but I don't think it's a good choice for all-year. Also, were the Kumhos, the Solus TA31 series or a different one? Thanks for the reply.
We have the Premier A/S's but again on our Volt so I'm not sure about the spark.
2016 Spark EV
2017 Volt

randa1724

Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:18 pm

I've had the General GT43 on for the last year and a half. Great tire for handling and tire noise. I live in Wisconsin and it handles the winter just fine. Hope this helps. Randy

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”