BustosMan

Battery degradation replaceable under warranty?

Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:30 pm

If my spark ev is still under battery warranty, and if its max range is around 60 after gradual degradation, am I able to get the hybrid battery replaced under the battery warranty?

MrDRMorgan

Re: Battery degradation replaceable under warranty?

Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:30 pm

BustosMan wrote:
If my spark ev is still under battery warranty, and if its max range is around 60 after gradual degradation, am I able to get the hybrid battery replaced under the battery warranty?
Your range is a function of your driving habits AND the HV battery capacity. The real question is this - at what MEASURED battery capacity level and odometer mileage must a battery be to qualify for a replacement?

BustosMan

Re: Battery degradation replaceable under warranty?

Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:40 pm

MrDRMorgan wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:30 pm
BustosMan wrote:
Your range is a function of your driving habits AND the HV battery capacity. The real question is this - at what MEASURED battery capacity level and odometer mileage must a battery be to qualify for a replacement?
Good question, I think I read some posts saying it has to degrade beyond 35% original capacity for it be replaced under warranty.

Return to “General / Main Owners Forum”