Tire recommendation

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Porsche said:
Thanks. The Altimax sounds like a good improvement and nice compromise. I've been leaning towards the Altimax or the Kumhos, probably the Altimax. They're listed as all-season. I'm on Long Island, New York. The winters are usually pretty mild, at least by comparison, so I won't bother with snow tires. How has your economy been affected, better, worse, same? How long have you had them? Wearing OK too? Thanks very much for the info.

I had Altimax over two summer seasons, put on about 10K miles earch season. It is my daily commute car - 26 miles one way with about 20 miles on high way. These Altimax weared evenly and really hold up very well. I don't feel any change of milage compring to that of Ecopia EP422. Since I have free level 2 charging at my work place's garage, I do not really need to nickel and dime my millage.

Porsche said:
Kermit said:
On a previous car I owned I had Kumho's and they were noticeably louder than any other tire I had. The Michelin's are what we have on our volt and are quiet.

Which Michelins do you have? Has your economy been affected? Now that I look again, the Premier A/S's only come in 195's not 185's. I use Michelins on most my other cars, but most don't come in the right size, especially any LRR ones. I think the X-ice are the only ones that come in the right size, but I don't think it's a good choice for all-year. Also, were the Kumhos, the Solus TA31 series or a different one? Thanks for the reply.

We have the Premier A/S's but again on our Volt so I'm not sure about the spark.

I've had the General GT43 on for the last year and a half. Great tire for handling and tire noise. I live in Wisconsin and it handles the winter just fine. Hope this helps. Randy

I just got the General Altimax RT43's. So far, very happy. Better handling and acceleration (then again, the old tires were pretty worn out), smooth and quiet. It's hard to tell how the efficiency's been affected, since it's still pretty cold, but so far it doesn't seem to be any worse. I must say, they were surprisingly hard to find though. I usually get my tires at warehouse stores, but Costco carries only a limited few brands and BJ's would only have the rears (and then only sometimes). I ended up getting them at Walmart, but still had to wait weeks to get the fronts. I guess I won't actually use the lifetime rotation, but balancing and flat repair might come in handy.

Back