EV Decals

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlamedaSparky

JT at the the FH Dailey dealership in San Leandro, CA, was finally able to track down the original auto show decals for my Spark. I'm wondering if anyone else has a set or other decals they like. I think it adds a nice touch. BTW, JT and FH Dailey have been a great dealership throughout, highly recommended.

I like the decals. They look good on the car.

At first I was wondering which show car you were referring to. In my head I was thinking this one:

2129a58f-e444-437f-baf0-a95f10679aea

31a70c07-f23c-480f-8cf9-849d4b7a3a28

To post pics, upload them to a site like photobucket. Then right click on the pic, copy the url address, then above the text box on this forum click the
img. I couldn't get you Flicker picture to appear as it says "Sharing is restricted for this photo."

AlamedaSparky said:
JT at the the FH Dailey dealership in San Leandro, CA, was finally able to track down the original auto show decals for my Spark. ...

I have been looking for those decals as well, can you provide a link to who makes them or where you can order them?

Thanks for the info on posting photos, blownb310. That green Spark is pretty cool!

Chocula: You should call "JT" at FH Dailey as you have to order them through Chevy. They are made by 3M. JT's number is 510-746-1213. Tell him Jeff sent you. Good luck!

Anyone know of sources for any other ev related stickers? I'd like to get something for the back window that shows a little personality and says I'm driving an EV. So far all I can find are few clever bumper stickers and various leafs or trees in vinyl stickers for windows.

AlamedaSparky: What do those stickers cost. I really like them.

jay5729 said:
Anyone know of sources for any other ev related stickers? I'd like to get something for the back window that shows a little personality and says I'm driving an EV. So far all I can find are few clever bumper stickers and various leafs or trees in vinyl stickers for windows.
Cafe Press allows you to create your own online, and then order it. They have car magnet "stickers" as well as clear stick-on types.

Here's a magnetic oval I created that we have on the back of our Spark EV as well as the Chevy Volt. Anyone can can order one from CafePress. About $8 each.

DriveElectric-S.jpg

AlamedaSparky said:
JT at the the FH Dailey dealership in San Leandro, CA, was finally able to track down the original auto show decals for my Spark. I'm wondering if anyone else has a set or other decals they like. I think it adds a nice touch. BTW, JT and FH Dailey have been a great dealership throughout, highly recommended.

Yes, if you don't mind, how much did a set of these decals cost? I really like them, but how much I like them would depend upon the price.

They quoted me a price of $229 including installation. Luckily, I had a $200 certificate for parts and service from Costco for going through the Costco Auto program ( and I negotiated a lower price than the Costco price!). With tax, it came to only $39 and change.

AlamedaSparky said:
I got my Spark EV at FH Dailey too. They were fine especially since we showed up ten minutes before closing on a Sunday. I don't remember who dealt with us though.

Do you think those decals would cause problems with the lease? Or do you own your Spark EV?

Oberon said:
Do you think those decals would cause problems with the lease? Or do you own your Spark EV?

One never knows when dealing with a bankster but I wouldn't worry about this modification. After all, it is a genuine GM part, right? Where I would start worrying is when you have to start splicing wires, cutting and/or drilling body or interior panels, or something on that line.

Cool that you got your Spark at Dailey. I am leasing and asked about that too and, sure enough, since it's a GM part, there's no problem when you return the vehicle. Now, I have to say, I love it so much, I'm wondering if I should have bought...

AlamedaSparky said:
Chocula: You should call "JT" at FH Dailey as you have to order them through Chevy. They are made by 3M. JT's number is 510-746-1213. Tell him Jeff sent you. Good luck!

Jeff H: I called John T at that number, and he looked up the part number for me, and then sent me the picture below. I called my local Chevy dealer's parts dept, and they can order it: $79 is their price, same as shown in the pic. Not sure why installation is so much. The parts dept found it using the 19299198 number.

(Click on the picture for full-size view.)

Click here to see it on Jeff H's car (from page 1).

SteveC5088 said:
Jeff H: I called John T at that number, and he looked up the part number for me, and then sent me the picture below. I called my local Chevy dealer's parts dept, and they can order it: $79 is their price, same as shown in the pic. Not sure why installation is so much. The parts dept found it using the 19299198 number.

(Click on the picture for full-size view.)

Click here to see it on Jeff H's car (from page 1).

Thanks! The picture with the part number is exactly what I needed.

-Chocula

buickanddeere said:
To each their own I suppose. I don't want any lettering, print or decals that indicate my vehicle is electric.

I don't think you'll find an EV for sale that doesn't have any lettering, print, or decals indicating that it is an EV. Same goes for hybrids and any of the "alternate fuel" vehicles really.

Some wear it as a badge of honor. For others it's unnecessary. I think GM did a good job keeping it subtle on the Spark EV, but I'm glad this sticker is available for those who want to add a little more EV expression with some class.

Bryce

I saw somewhere that Chevy was increasing the size of the tiny green "EV" (rectangular) badge for the Spark EV in next year's model. I like that, because I can barely tell the difference between the ICE and EV versions from the back. They have hidden the exhaust pipe, so the only difference is the little badge, and the height of some reflector lights on the lower back.

buickanddeere said:
To each their own I suppose. I don't want any lettering, print or decals that indicate my vehicle is electric.
I understand that, there's any number of good reasons for feeling that way. Interestingly, I've been told that one important reason the Prius outsold the Civic and Accord Hybrids was that it was instantly recognizable as such. If this is true our Sparks may be at a disadvantage to the Leaf - even without the General's lackluster promotion.

SteveC5088 said:
I saw somewhere that Chevy was increasing the size of the tiny green "EV" (rectangular) badge for the Spark EV in next year's model. I like that, because I can barely tell the difference between the ICE and EV versions from the back. They have hidden the exhaust pipe, so the only difference is the little badge, and the height of some reflector lights on the lower back.

That and my HOV sticker once it arrives!

For what it's worth (I've already paid with time and headache), I finally learned that the part number for the decal set has changed. I ordered a set from the part number above early January...gave up on one GM parts co after three weeks—yes, they finally refunded my $—and a second vendor ([email protected]) took my challenge and finally called the manufacturer (3M) to ask about the delay and had them call me directly.

The new parts number is 19299185. She said to use the reference number GMSBEV001 (no change from the one above) along with the updated parts number.

Hopefully, in case anyone is looking to add this touch to their car, some time will be saved. You could still try to order via the old number, but the order will go into a perpetual WTF mode, and won't emerge on its own.

Back