Wiper Blade Compatibility?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

solder

Can anyone name some specific aftermarket wiper blades that will fit this car? I just tried ordering a set for my Spark EV and a set for my wife's Fit; hers went on just fine, but absolutely none of the ones that I tried fit my car.

Wiper blades that do not work:
* Valeo R12E Rear Wiper Blade
* Bosch 15-CA / 3397006501E7W Clear Advantage Beam Wiper Blade - 15" (right wiper)
* Bosch 24OE ICON Wiper Blade - 24" (left wiper)

solder said:
Can anyone name some specific aftermarket wiper blades that will fit this car? I just tried ordering a set for my Spark EV and a set for my wife's Fit; hers went on just fine, but absolutely none of the ones that I tried fit my car.

* Bosch 15-CA / 3397006501E7W Clear Advantage Beam Wiper Blade - 15" (right wiper)

According to Goodyear, the following wiper blades from Goodyear will work for a 2014 or 2015 Spark EV:

D/S front: 24 inch - Goodyear 770-24
P/S front: 16 inch - Goodyear 770-16
Rear: 12 inch - Goodyear 730-12A

A while back Costco had the front wipers blades on sale. I had to go online to order the rear wiper blade. Currently I have 2 of each size but I have not tried to nor had a need to install them.

MrDRMorgan said:
solder said:

According to Goodyear, the following wiper blades from Goodyear will work for a 2014 or 2015 Spark EV:

A while back Costco had the front wipers blades on sale. I had to go online to order the rear wiper blade. Currently I have 2 of each size but I have not tried to nor had a need to install them.

Yeah, I ordered the above from Amazon, who claimed compatibility with this car. I'm looking for someone who has *actually* installed a replacement wiper blade (with successful result!).

solder said:
MrDRMorgan said:
solder said:

Yeah, I ordered the above from Amazon, who claimed compatibility with this car. I'm looking for someone who has *actually* installed a replacement wiper blade (with successful result!).

Go to the NEW and MAIN CHEVY SPARK EV Forum and look for "Goodyear windshield wipers from Costco". Oregonsparky has a post wherein he states he has replaced the original wiper blades with the Goodyear wiper blades. He may be able to explain how to install the replacement wiper blades. I would be interested in his explanation too.

NORTON said:
MrDRMorgan said:
...Go to the NEW and MAIN CHEVY SPARK EV Forum ...

What and where is this?

Go to the first page of this forum (My Chevy Spark EV.com) by clicking on CHEVY SPARK EV FORUM HOME in the bar in the top part of the page. Go to the section GENERAL CHEVY SPARK EV FORUM. Enter section NEWS AND MAIN CHEVY SPARK EV FORUM. The wiper blade discussion is the 6th item from the top.

12/14/2015: I just tried to install the Goodyear 24 inch wiper blade and it isn't very difficult to do. Remove the old wiper blade from the wiper arm by pressing the square button down with the eraser end of a pencil while pulling forward on the blade adapter to remove it from the wiper arm. It will move and then stop. Then put the eraser end of the pencil under the blade and into the rear of the adapter. Gently push in the same direction as you were pulling. The wiper blade should pop right off of the wiper arm.

There are instructions in the Goodyear package showing various installation options. Use option J/K. You will need to pop out the adapter section on the new blade and replace it with a new adapter section shown in the J/K section. The correct adapter is supplied in the box. Follow the instructions to install a second adapter section onto the wiper arm and then attach the new Goodyear wiper blade onto the new arm adapter as shown.

solder said:

Following up on this, I eventually ordered the following blades from Amazon and they all fit successfully:

* Michelin 9512 Stealth Rear Wiper Blade - 12"
* ACDelco 8-9015S Advantage Beam Wiper Blade without Spoiler, 15" (right wiper)
* Michelin 8024 Stealth Hybrid Wiper Blade - 24" (left wiper)

solder said:
solder said:

Following up on this, I eventually ordered the following blades from Amazon and they all fit successfully:

* Michelin 9512 Stealth Rear Wiper Blade - 12"
* ACDelco 8-9015S Advantage Beam Wiper Blade without Spoiler, 15" (right wiper)
* Michelin 8024 Stealth Hybrid Wiper Blade - 24" (left wiper)

Did you have to make any modifications to the wiper blades like I mentioned above for the Goodyear wipers or did they go on right out of the box?

For future reference, here are the front wiper part numbers from GM:

95108153 (passenger side)
95108156 (driver side)

These are about $25 each from GM and appear to be from the same supplier that builds them for the car originally (Made in Korea, identical construction).

Also, I fiddled with my old, original wipers and can confirm that the originals CAN be rebuilt with standard wiper blade inserts/refills if you want to. It's a little fiddly, but about 2 minutes with a pick tool and I had them both apart. I'll be rebuilding mine in the future and pocket the $40 saved.

Bryce

Nashco said:
For future reference, here are the front wiper part numbers from GM:

95108153 (passenger side)
95108156 (driver side)

These are about $25 each from GM and appear to be from the same supplier that builds them for the car originally (Made in Korea, identical construction).

Also, I fiddled with my old, original wipers and can confirm that the originals CAN be rebuilt with standard wiper blade inserts/refills if you want to. It's a little fiddly, but about 2 minutes with a pick tool and I had them both apart. I'll be rebuilding mine in the future and pocket the $40 saved.

Bryce

Great info. Do you have a GM number for the rear wiper blade?

I haven't bought a new rear wiper so I can't be positive, but it looks like this according to gmpartsdirect.com

Looks like that one is about $12 from GM.

Bryce

Bought of a set of these from Walmart and they seem to work great.
Driver: 24" - https://www.amazon.com/Michelin-8026-Stealth-Hybrid-Windshield/dp/B00AYAICW4?th=1
Passenger: 16" - https://www.amazon.com/Michelin-8026-Stealth-Hybrid-Windshield/dp/B00AYAICHY?th=1

Not so bad @ $25 and worked great to replace the rapidly failing ~1 year of usage on my OEM set.

Jedi2155 said:
Bought of a set of these from Walmart and they seem to work great.
Driver: 24" - https://www.amazon.com/Michelin-8026-Stealth-Hybrid-Windshield/dp/B00AYAICW4?th=1
Passenger: 16" - https://www.amazon.com/Michelin-8026-Stealth-Hybrid-Windshield/dp/B00AYAICHY?th=1

Not so bad @ $25 and worked great to replace the rapidly failing ~1 year of usage on my OEM set.
Costco currently has the Goodyear Hybrid technology wiper blades on sale for $4.99 ea but you can only buy 2 wiper blades. The 24 inch blade is Goodyear 770-24 and the 16 inch blade is Goodyear 770-16. The blade for the rear window is Goodyear 730-12A but it is not available at Costco. I had to order mine online.

ParkPrince said:
If you are looking for the best wiper blades for your car, check these items to see if they fit: Bosch ICON 26A, Michelin Stealth Hybrid Windshield Wiper Blades, ANCO 31-Series.
The Goodyear blades I mentioned above, for the front window, work fine once you figure out how to get the adapters installed on the wiper arms. At $5.00 each, they are a good deal and I have one set installed on my 2015 Spark EV. The rear window is slightly curved so the OEM GM blade seems to work best as both ends of the blade can bend to adjust to the changing curvature of the rear window. The Goodyear blade is rigid at the outermost end of the blade and does not always make complete contact along its length as it crosses the window.

You might want to go online to http://www.gmpartsdirect.com for Spark EV parts. I have ordered wiper blades and other parts with no problems.

DS Front wiper blade: GM part number 95108156: $15.25 …...Amazon: $21.39
PS Front wiper blade: GM part number 95108153: $15.25 …... Amazon: $21.41
Rear wiper blade: GM part number 96688389: $8.19...... Amazon: $13.76

Pay attention to the shipping costs. They are higher than I would expect to see.

^ because I ONLY want the rear wiper, the price is cheaper on Amazon (Prime means $0 for shipping cost)

The shipping fees from GMPARTSDIRECT is very high and exceeds the Amazon price with free shipping... so what appears to be cheaper, isn't really cheaper! Amazon FTW

Oh, for the front blades, I'm perfectly happy with the Goodyear we put on there (works great) Its the rear that is much more difficult to replace with a properly working one is all

Chris101 said:
^ because I ONLY want the rear wiper, the price is cheaper on Amazon (Prime means $0 for shipping cost)

The shipping fees from GMPARTSDIRECT is very high and exceeds the Amazon price with free shipping... so what appears to be cheaper, isn't really cheaper! Amazon FTW

Oh, for the front blades, I'm perfectly happy with the Goodyear we put on there (works great) Its the rear that is much more difficult to replace with a properly working one is all
I agree with you completely. When I had a need to replace the rear blades on my Spark EVs I could only find them at GMPartsDirect.com. I have a Prime membership too so, in the future, I will be ordering them from Amazon. I also agree that the Goodyear front blades work great. Costco sometimes has them on sale for $5.00 ea.

Nashco said:

Bryce

I know it's been a while, so don't know if you'll see this, but exactly what inserts did you use?

Back