12 fast charges and 690 miles driven in 24 hours

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLondonBroiler

You read it right, my Spark was taken on a proper road trip. I had to make the trip anyways (did 1,709 miles total in 7 days), and after reading an inside evs article about a recent range test of the Spark EV @ 70mph, I saw a commenter say the Spark wasn't capable of going on a real road trip.

Boom! Spark EV - 1
Web idiot/troll - 0

Edit: I should mention, I was going to take a more coastal route (i85 to i95), but Electrify America's shutdown a day before I left put the kibosh on that.

https://youtu.be/kgg82Mp68fU

Nice day trip - I've been wanting to take our 2015 from Raleigh to Winston-Salem, but have yet to try it out...

Bryan in Raleigh

didget69 said:
I've been wanting to take our 2015 from Raleigh to Winston-Salem, but have yet to try it out...

Bryan in Raleigh

Cool! Within the next year, that should be the most dense corridor in the state, in regards to fast chargers. We have a bunch of Efacec units at the Electrify America sites that are going to be replaced, so there's going to be a period of time where traveling with a non-Tesla EV in NC is going to be difficult (as it currently is on i95).

Back