Yikes, as I went to the app on google play to uncheck "auto-update app", it updated... I didn't even have time to drop out of Wi-Fi and mobile data.
It seems like they tried to "Modernize" the user interface, but ended up butchering...everything?
Vehicle status only has tire pressure and odometer readout, very bare bones.
3 second press to use command, very forgiving for the clumsy.
- EV range gone (includes state of charge and approximate miles/kilometers).
- Charge status (unplugged, charging, eta) gone.
- Efficiency (mi/kwh or kwh/100km) gone.
- Start precondition and stop precondition has being replaced with a remote Start button that turns into remote stop.
It still takes at least 30 seconds to update telemetry, so nothing has gotten any faster, really.
Honestly if I can't check my SoC remotely while I'm at a public charger or before planning a route, which is my main use case for subscribing to the service, I don't really think I want to keep the app. But I'll wait a week and see if a hotfix gets rolled out that restores functionality. Really kicking myself for not thinking to change auto-update settings in airplane mode...
edit: we can get ahold of devs by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
... I think I'll ask what's going on.