Quick DCFC question

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentever1

I bought a 2015 a while back and loving it though I am ready for warmer weather/more range. I have never used my DCFC but did this weekend for a longer away trip. I was at about 30 percent and charged to 100 percent. I assumed it would stop at 80 percent but charged up to 100. I used a EVGO station, their app didnt work but the physical card they sent me did to start the charge. My question is does this just vary by location/charger brand? Do some stations stop at 80 and some go to 100? My car said finalizing after 80 percent but kept charging to 100. Whats expected? Thanx in advance

I charged my Bolt at an new EVGO station before going out of town on a mini vaca.
It only charged at 18kW because the pack was too cold, even after driving the car for ~45 miles before arriving at the station.
The EVGO app was worthless. I got no info of the charge in progess.
And it appears to time out after 1 hr. I was told that is standard for EVGO.
Also it is listed as $0.31 per minute. If that is true I spent about $0.43/kWh. But I don't know, because the app doesn't show me any info.

As for a DCFC auto shutting off at 80% SOC,, I never heard of that.
If people are waiting to use the charger it's not cool to charge to 100% because of the charge taper.
Especially if you don't need to charge to 100%.

Sorry Norton I didnt get a notification for your reply so just read it. Wish the EVGO app actually worked but glad it wasnt just me. Thanx for the info on the 80 percent yeah I get the not topping off if someone is waiting but some posts read like it stops at 80 so just didnt know what to expect. Looking for a Bolt myself, I love my spark but would like a little more range. I am thankful for the warmer weather range now though!

kentever1 said:
Sorry Norton I didnt get a notification for your reply so just read it. Wish the EVGO app actually worked but glad it wasnt just me. Thanx for the info on the 80 percent yeah I get the not topping off if someone is waiting but some posts read like it stops at 80 so just didnt know what to expect. Looking for a Bolt myself, I love my spark but would like a little more range. I am thankful for the warmer weather range now though!

I charge my 2016 Spark EV at both EVgo and Electrify America locations and I have never had charging stop at 80%. Instead, I usually charge to 90% and then disconnect.

Back