Spark Suspension Parts Compatibility

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myklindle

Hey guys, I own a 2016 Chevy Spark EV. Unfortunately, we had a crazy flash blizzard that dumped a ton of snow and ice while I was on the road, and I hit a curb, bending my Front Right Strut. The GM Part Number is 95418024 and unfortunately, it would seem no one is able to get ahold of it anymore.

My question is, will an ICE Spark Strut of the same body style fit on an EV? I know that the part numbers are different, but in my experience sometimes that's total BS, and though the part might be slightly different, it will fit. I also happen to Own a 2013 ICE spark whose Tranny is on the fritz. If I knew it would fit, I would totally grab the Strut off my 2013 ICE Spark and put it on the 16 EV. It might boil down to me just trying, cause I desperately need to fix this, and I can't seem to get my hands on a strut or locate a wrecked one that's being parted out in my area.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Would love to hear your thoughts! I know the EV has suspension changes in the back and larger wheels in the back to support the extra weight from the Batteries, but I haven't heard anything about changes to the front suspension.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

I couldn't find it right now, but if you search a bit on this forum, there are some posts about suspension mods. If I remember correctly, there are reasonable choices and alternatives for the front, but harder to do much with the rear.

Back