Windshield washer does not work.

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porsche

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated, especially those with service manuals. My windshield washer does not work in my 2015 Spark EV. Funny, I just thought it was out of fluid, but use it so rarely, I never got around to filling it. Well, now that I decided to fill it, I discovered that the reservoir is already full, so, I guess the washer is not working at all. It's hard to say, but I think that I don't hear any motor noise except for the actual wiper motion. Also, the washer doesn't work for the rear wiper either (I assume there's only one reservoir for both front and rear). Oh, and nothing's frozen. This has been a problem during all seasons. If anyone has any helpful suggestions for troubleshooting or repair guidance, please feel free to post. Thanks.

Sorry to hear this. Yep, one reservoir, two pump motors.
Just armchairing it , but I doubt two separate motors went bad.
Probably just a loose or dirty connection somewhere.
If you could track down the fuse, that would be the first step.

Good luck. You might find a small shop that braves electrical problems.
You don't have to tell them it's an EV... ;)

I have found on my 2015 that it doesn't take much at all to pop the washer pump fuse. It was blown when I bought the car then I blew it one morning when there was ice. Seems like any resistance and it blows the fuse. Very easy replace under the hood fuse box and is marked inside which is which i think just a 15 amp and probably have some spares in the box as well. Mine is definitely one fuse that powers both motors unless it only has one.

Funny, same thing happened to me. Didn't work when I bought the car. I just assumed it was out of washer fluid. Never got around to filling it until recently. That's when I discovered it was already full. And yes, of course, it was just a fuse. 10 Amps. I used a spare that Chevy provided so nicely in the fuse box. Now everything's fine. It probably could have been the washer relay, but it was just the fuse. Nice to know that it may be a common issue. Thanks . I'll get more spares.

Back