Lock Issue

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi,

Just leased a new 2016 Spark EV a month ago and already have had 2 issues with it. The first one was the windshield wiper that refused to spray and now having remote lock issues.

Unlocking the car isn't a problem, but the lock function doesn't seem to work anymore. The car doesn't remote lock when pressing the key fob and doesn't lock when pressing the door lock button. I've tried locking via my OnStar app, but no success there either. When I'm inside the car, I hear a feedback when I press lock, but thats it. Just a sound to let me know that its trying...

I've reset it to factory settings, but it didn't help the locking issue. Is there something I'm missing, or should I head down to the dealership to run a diagnostic? :?

Oh and does anyone know if the Spark EV comes equipped with Apple CarPlay?

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks everyone! :)

Josy said:
...Any input would be appreciated! ...
In my learned opinion it sounds like it's.... Broke.

Take it back and ask them to kindly fix it.

For the other questions, might I suggest... RTFM?

Josy said:
Oh and does anyone know if the Spark EV comes equipped with Apple CarPlay?

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks everyone! :)

There are a couple of threads on CarPlay here. The fast answer is "no". You would have to replace the head unit to get CarPlay or Android Auto. My opinion is that CarPlay doesn't offer anything that isn't already available on the car.

nikwax said:
every time you say "RTFM", a kitten dies.

Aww, now I'm sad.... I'll stop....

It's just a funny way of pointing out the obvious, no?
It's used in the high tech world all the time, no?

Back