All Spark EV back of MSRP

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RydellChevrolet said:
Good Afternoon Everyone, :)

We have the following Spark EV in stock:

Stock/ MSRP/ Rydell Discount/ Rydell Best Price:

140039/ $27,820/ -$300/ $27,520 SILVER ICE/DARK PEWTE
140053/ $28,045/ -$300/ $27,745 BLACK GRANITE/DARK PEWTER
140057/ $27,820/ -$300/ $27,520 SUMMIT WHITE/DARK PEWTER
140055/ $27,820/ -$300/ $27,520 BLUE RAY/DARK PEWTER
I leased my Spark EV last month from this dealership and I highly recommend them to anyone in the market for one. They are very honest and low pressure.

markcmann said:
RydellChevrolet said:
Good Afternoon Everyone, :)

We have the following Spark EV in stock:

Stock/ MSRP/ Rydell Discount/ Rydell Best Price:

140039/ $27,820/ -$300/ $27,520 SILVER ICE/DARK PEWTE
140053/ $28,045/ -$300/ $27,745 BLACK GRANITE/DARK PEWTER
140057/ $27,820/ -$300/ $27,520 SUMMIT WHITE/DARK PEWTER
140055/ $27,820/ -$300/ $27,520 BLUE RAY/DARK PEWTER
I leased my Spark EV last month from this dealership and I highly recommend them to anyone in the market for one. They are very honest and low pressure.

Thank you for the feedback markcmann :) We can not be any happier to have had the chance to help you become a proud Chevy Spark EV owner! Thank you for your business, if there is anything else we can assist you with please, do not hesitate to give us a call!

charlestonleafer said:
Still no shipping out of state, correct?
charlestonleafer said:
Still no shipping out of state, correct?

Hello charlestonleafer, thank you for stopping by to read our post!
I'm afraid we can't be the ones to actually ship the vehicle to you however, after many many out of state Volt deals I can still help. Since I moved to Internet Sales I've worked a number of out of state deals and I've pretty much narrowed it down to 3 companies I've discovered to be most reliable and priced more reasonably than the rest.

If you'd like me to, I can provide you with their contact information so that you can call them directly for a quote. We are located in Northrdige California and after giving them your address they can give you an exact cost for shipping from our store to your home.

You then have the ability to factor in your shipping quote with our numbers and compare total cost between buying with us or your local dealer. :) At the end of the day it's our goal to help you purchase your Spark EV at the best price possible, even if that means it won't be from us. My direct email is [email protected] charlestonleafer, feel free to email me at any time for that shipping company information. Thank you again!

Sophie Velazquez
Internet Sales Dept. Manager
[email protected] Ph: 818-832-1665 www.rydells.com

i leased my spark from rydell in northridge. they were upfront with the price, and their offer was very decent. i didnt need to, nor want to, haggle with them for price. i took what they gave me, it was fair enough. unfortunately this is about the only positive thing i could say about them. the rest of it was a poor experience

they were very unprepared to present the car (which is understandable - it's a new model). they told me that the car charges in 4 hours, or 20 minutes with a "fast charger". i tried to explain them that apparently there is no fast charger in the car, but they kept insisting on it. they were so convinced, they actually put the DC charger operation instructions in the bill of due. even though there was no negotiation at all, and the test drive took 10 minutes, i spent 3 hours waiting for them to do the paperwork. they promised delivery the next day after 2pm. next day they called me to come and take delivery after 5pm. i went there at 6pm - the battery was still only half-charged. by that time it became obvious that there is no DC charger in the car, and there will never be any. the manager showed up and promised he will fix the issue somehow, after he will talk to their chevrolet rep. i left it up to him to decide what to do. i spent another 2+ hours that day, but at least i left with the car.

during the next few days i started to submit all the paperwork needed for refunds, rebates, insurance, stickers and what not. a few days later they called me to ask me to come by and modify the lease contract. they gave me the wrong car, so the VIN in the paperwork did not match the one of the car. i will leave it up to your imagination what it means to modify the VIN on the documents that were already sent out. alas, the dealer said he will take care of everything. anyways, before redoing the paperwork, i asked them what are they going to come up with regarding the missing DC charger. the manager said it is what it is, he cannot do anything. i reminded him he promised to "fix" it, he said, watching me straight in the eyes, that he didnt promised anything. and he asked the sales guy to confirm that. (poor sales guy. what a terrible position to be in.) they told me if i dont want the car the way it is, i can give it back to them and i'm free to go. eventually the finance manager offered to reduce the monthly lease by a few dollars (the equivalent of $280 or so) and i kept the car. still better than the free oil changes they were trying to offer.

it's been more than a week since this last meeting. today i found out that they didnt actually submit the change of VIN to the clean vehicle rebate project. nor did they make any adjustment to dmv, for my application for clean vehicle stickers. and they didnt call the vendor of the charging station either. that's when i decided to reply to their post.

this has been my experience, it is not necessary that it will repeat with others. hopefully will not. but with the level of attention they give to a sale, and with a shameless manager that would rather throw you out the door instead of fixing a mistake, i can't see them going very far.

Spark ev dealers are purposely setup to service Spark EVs. The car must be registered in California or Oregon.

@SparkTech thank you for stopping by my post. Yes, it was confirmed that a vehicle must be registered in either California or Oregon, shipping the vehicle out of state would then result in having to pay registration for the vehicle twice! :cry: We are hoping this will change in the near future.

@charlestonleafer I hope this information helps.

@drivefast I can not express my apologies enough. Returning from vacation to find your post sincerely saddens me. If it is alright with you, I'd like to contact you via PM to find out more information. It sounds like the dealer principle was already involved but I'd like to look your deal up and share this information with him. No one deserves to go through anything like that and I hope I still have the opportunity to help you. Once I know your information, I will be sure to get involved and find out more about the documents missing.

I apologize again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Sophie Velazquez
Internet Sales Dept. Manager
818.832.1665 [email protected]

Sophie, i appreciate you trying to help. I'm fine the way i am, i had a bad experience but life goes on, no more need to dig into this. the way i know your manager, i wouldnt try to get involved if i were you.

Shipping cars out of state does not require paying California taxes or registration, IF THERE IS A PROPER BILL OF LADEN for an out of state sale.

Competent dealerships do this all the time. As to the issue of it "can't" be registered out of California or Oregon, of course it "can". GM doesn't want you to.

Toyota pulls the same scam with their California Air Resources Board (CARB) compliance car for Zero Emissions Vehicles (ZEV) credits. They only sell the Toyota Rav4 EV in California, but lots of people buy them out of state and have them shipped. Then, Toyota uses the scare tactic of "it won't be serviced out of state". Unfortunately for the auto manufacturers, there is federal law that addresses this issue to protect consumers.

GM, like Toyota, needs to sell those cars in California. But, they can't stop you from buying it out of state.

TonyWilliams said:
Shipping cars out of state does not require paying California taxes or registration, IF THERE IS A PROPER BILL OF LADEN for an out of state sale.
A 'PROPER BILL OF LADEN' is only required if you're shipping the car to Abbottabad, Pakistan. If you're shipping it elsewhere, a proper Bill of Lading will be fine :twisted:

@drivefast Thank you so much for the opportunity to work with you and again I am truly sorry about your experience. Please, if there is anything I can assist you with in the future, a service appointment, a question about your Spark, anything, I am happy to help. My direct line is 818.832.1665 extension 1624 and my email is [email protected] also.

Back