Dealership Information

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyfan

I am desperately looking for dealership information on Chevy Spark EV. Can anyone from Spark EV forum help me to find these information?

chevyfan said:
I am desperately looking for dealership information on Chevy Spark EV. Can anyone from Spark EV forum help me to find these information?
you know what, same here. I am new to the forum and trying to know about Chevy Spark EV. I think the information are not out yet.

sparks said:
chevyfan said:
you know what, same here. I am new to the forum and trying to know about Chevy Spark EV. I think the information are not out yet.

It's very hard to come by just yet but you can always type in to google "Chevy Spark EV insert your region"

I too was in the same situation (located in Ventura county). After visiting the local Chevy dealership I was told that the Spark EV's should be arriving any week and since they are imported they cannot track the status like units shipped domestically.

So, not taking this as a good enough answer I scoured the Internet for information and easily enough ended up going to the http://www.chevrolet.com/spark-ev-electric-vehicle.html website and searching the Inventory for my zip code I noticed cars available as both the model, trim and VIN was listed. I called the closest dealership the next day and the Sales Rep said the same thing that they should be arriving anytime and could not understand why the national Chevy website was showing units in stock? He then stated he would call me if and when one showed up. About five hours later he called me to tell me that one Spark EV 2LT arrived on the truck. I test drove it the next day and although I did not purchase or lease it as I was still researching level 2 home chargers, etc. I was pleasantly surprised with the ride, fit and finish and power of the electric motor. Turns out it was sold about thirty minutes later.

But what I ended up doing was calling the next closest dealership and on Friday, leased a 1LT Titanium Spark EV and it is scheduled to arrive by Tuesday the 25th (paid the down payment and signed the lease aggrement). I spend the weekend cleaning the garage and installing the Level 2 GE Wattstation charger (240v)so I'm all ready. Can't wait to get it! Next I will call SCE to add the EV plan and then apply for the $2500 rebate as well.

Good luck on your Spark EV hunt and if you can find a dealership with notice of units arriving you should be able to do what I did and arrange the financing in advance.

markcmann said:
I too was in the same situation (located in Ventura county). After visiting the local Chevy dealership I was told that the Spark EV's should be arriving any week and since they are imported they cannot track the status like units shipped domestically.

So, not taking this as a good enough answer I scoured the Internet for information and easily enough ended up going to the http://www.chevrolet.com/spark-ev-electric-vehicle.html website and searching the Inventory for my zip code I noticed cars available as both the model, trim and VIN was listed. I called the closest dealership the next day and the Sales Rep said the same thing that they should be arriving anytime and could not understand why the national Chevy website was showing units in stock? He then stated he would call me if and when one showed up. About five hours later he called me to tell me that one Spark EV 2LT arrived on the truck. I test drove it the next day and although I did not purchase or lease it as I was still researching level 2 home chargers, etc. I was pleasantly surprised with the ride, fit and finish and power of the electric motor. Turns out it was sold about thirty minutes later.

But what I ended up doing was calling the next closest dealership and on Friday, leased a 1LT Titanium Spark EV and it is scheduled to arrive by Tuesday the 25th (paid the down payment and signed the lease aggrement). I spend the weekend cleaning the garage and installing the Level 2 GE Wattstation charger (240v)so I'm all ready. Can't wait to get it! Next I will call SCE to add the EV plan and then apply for the $2500 rebate as well.

Good luck on your Spark EV hunt and if you can find a dealership with notice of units arriving you should be able to do what I did and arrange the financing in advance.

Congratulations on making the purchase I am sure you are going to be more than happy with the Chevy Spark EV

Update: Still waiting for my Spark EV to arrive...hopefully today (Thursday)...starting to get frustrated as the dealership can't give me an exact date as they say they cannot track the car that it is only scheduled to arrive "soon"? Weird as I can ship a box of paper clips via UPS accross country and track it every step of the way but GM dealerships can't track a 3000 lbs / $28,000 car from the port of Long Beach to the valley? Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

1st UPDATE: Car has finally arrived at the dealership! Vehicle is currently in pre-delivery vehicle inspection and I hope to have it by this evening. :->

2nd UPDATE: Salesperson had not verified the VIN and it was NOT my Spark EV that showed up at the dealership! :roll: Best we can tell is that it is still at the port and he will call with a GM reference number in the morning to get more information on the car's status. Tomorrow will be one week since I paid the down payment and signed the lease agreement... Hopefully tomorrow is a better day! ;)

3rd UPDATE: Well Friday has come and gone and my Spark EV is still a no show at the dealership. What I have been able to ascertain is that my car is currently at the Benicia dock in Northern California and the auto transport company states that they have the pickup in their system but it has not been released for pickup/transport. This is either a customs or GM quality control issue. So Monday would be the absolute earliest it would be released and it will take one to two days for delivery once picked up. Oh and worse, if the transport company does not have a full cargo load, it will wait until the cargo trailer is full before they are able to deliver it to Southern California. Oh we'll, what can a guy do...but wait...and wait...

4th UPDATE: Well today is finally the day I'm going to take ownership of my Spark EV. After several phone calls to the car transport carrier and a person who works at the GM Logistics department in Michigan, the "glitch" in the system was corrected and my car (amongst others) was released from the Benicia, CA port to the transport company and today my car arrived at the dealership. Talk about a complete FUBAR, if I had not done my own investigation into the matter, who knows how long I would have waited? In any case, once I get the car I'll post some info and pics as soon as I can.

It has arrived! Pics in this post:

http://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3410

Yesterday I leased my 2LT Spark EV at Bunning Chevrolet in Culver City, CA. It was one of 2 on hand. I got home and in my email was a note from Martin Chevrolet in Torrance CA advising me that they had some on hand (quantity not stated). So they are starting to roll in to the dealerships...

Back