My two GM vehicles

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaconzies

Here's my collection so far:
IMG_20140525_182337701_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140525_182324666_HDR.jpg

2014 Chevy Spark EV 2LT w/DC fast charge (lease) 800 miles
1995 Oldsmobile 88 Royale LS(own) 66,000 miles

Tinted windows and have phone mounts on both, added bluetooth to my Olds.

They're polar opposites, the spark is quick, tiny, silent, smarter, much firmer suspension, loves cities and electrons while the Oldsmobile is massive, has tons of room, comfortable seating for 6, and loves to go on road trips. I'm keeping both as it's nice to be able to take long trips or store more people without having to think about charging. Whenever I drive the Olds I'm again reminded just how loud the engine is and how sluggish the acceleration feels. I do love the leg room and seat space on the land yacht though.

I just leased the Spark in the beginning of May but now that college classes are out I'll be able to post more updates about how it's treating me!

Chaconzies said:
IMG_20140525_182337701_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140525_182324666_HDR.jpg

They're polar opposites, the spark is quick, tiny, silent, smarter, much firmer suspension, loves cities and electrons while the Oldsmobile is massive, has tons of room, comfortable seating for 6, and loves to go on road trips. I'm keeping both as it's nice to be able to take long trips or store more people without having to think about charging. Whenever I drive the Olds I'm again reminded just how loud the engine is and how sluggish the acceleration feels. I do love the leg room and seat space on the land yacht though.

I just leased the Spark in the beginning of May but now that college classes are out I'll be able to post more updates about how it's treating me!

I like the grey one...lol

How do you post pics on the site?

I use the image hosting website "TinyPic." It's free. I have to look at ads occasionally, but they're no big thing. I usually start by exporting the photo I want to use from iPhoto to my desktop. This is a good time to change the size of your photo if you don't want it too large in your posting. You then go to the TinyPic website and upload your photo to TinyPic. You'll be given options of which format you want to use. I use "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards." You copy the http:// address they give you and paste it into your posting. I'm posting a picture of my car to make sure all this really works so I won't embarrass myself. This is a photo of the day I bought it nearly a year ago.

rsr01s.jpg

Other people probably have other ideas or options for posting photos.

mickeybiosense said:

To get that picture to show here, change the pair of url tags to img tags, as in
(img)http://50.6.73.68/picit/1405030533.8164.iPicit.jpg(/img), but change the ( and ) to [ and ].
...or just paste the text of your url/link into the posting window, then select/highlight it, and click the "Img" box above the window. Doing that encloses the selected text in the IMG tags.

This is the result: _______ Really cool seeing a pair from Texas!
1405030533.8164.iPicit.jpg

Chaconzies said:

Is that seriously your vanity license plate? That's completely hilarious.

wow, 66k miles? The oldsmobile is still practically new.

MysteriousJ said:
Is that seriously your vanity license plate? That's completely hilarious.

wow, 66k miles? The oldsmobile is still practically new.

Yep, I love it! Two All American cars (minus that korean battery pack)

I got the Oldsmobile as a gift from my elderly neighbor when he passed away. He barely ever drove the car, it had less than 50K when I got it last year. It's still in fantastic condition.

Purchase in California and ship to Texas. Was hell to register car. Texas did not know how to handle this vehicle. I had to contact GM for help. GM sent me the birth certificate of the car. GM sent me document over night. On the certificate it notes meets safety emission in all 50 states. With that I was able to register vehicle in Texas.

Back