5 seat conversion

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puregsr

I know this maybe a little of a taboo topic, but anyone thought of converting their back seat into a bench seat and at a seat belt to make it a 5 passenger car by importing parts from the global market (ie Mexico/Europe/Asia)?
I wonder if the seats and mounting points are the same, given the battery is under the seat?
Just a thought experiment. I guess I'll look for one next time I go on a trip.

Wouldn't you want the hard points for the center seat belt? I doubt those are there.

3 American adults in the back?? Think about that :D

They may have manufactured a specific body/frame for the Spark EV (different from all the non-EV Sparks), but I doubt it. If the U.S. car frame was the same as the international one, the hard points for a fifth seat belt may be there already.

Not that I will take 3 people in the back and I know how dangerous or possibly illegal this may be.
I read Uber does not allow the Spark to be used as a passenger cars due to lack of seat capacity.
However, having that option for unexpected situation would be great.
I grew up taking trips in the back of an old Volkswagen Polo with my sister and grandma. For those of you who don't know, it's smaller than a golf.

I looked into Uber.
What if you only have 2 passengers and 2-3 suitcases?

In KC Ubering would be a breeze, but what do you tell a passenger on the way to the airport that you have to make a 10 min. Pit Stop at a DCFC?

Plus the more I read about it,,, do you really make money? Of course having free fuel helps with the math.

Back