Best replacement tires?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Electricbowtie

Have about 9000 miles now and noticing the front tires are badly worn and th Stabilitrak kicks in on most corners and off ramps now. I am looking around for replacement tires and wondering if any of you have already done this and how your range, handling and tire noise changed and what brand you picked.

Assuming no snow or below freezing temps? How often does rain occur to make oily worn pavement slippery? Always on pavement or also drive on dirt or gravel? Do you prefer dry traction, max miles per charge, max tread life or best wet pavement braking ?

No snow and not much of a rainy season here in Silicon Valley CA so a all weather tire is preferred. Also never drive on dirt or gravel. Just need a good commute tire that doesn't reduce range much but a longer life than the crappy OEM tires. I do drive the car every few weeks on winding mountain roads so traction is nice.

You can read about SanDiego's experience with Yokohama Avid Ascend
here:
http://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3734&hilit=tires

nmikmik said:
You can read about SanDiego's experience with Yokohama Avid Ascend
here:
http://www.mychevysparkev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3734&hilit=tires

I intend to put these on the front of my Spark EV as soon as I can destroy, err, I mean finish using the OEM tires.

Could one just buy the OEM tires again through the Chevy dealer? I would be worried about losing efficiency with non-stock tires.

xylhim said:
Could one just buy the OEM tires again through the Chevy dealer? I would be worried about losing efficiency with non-stock tires.

Problem is the OEM tires are such poor quality so getting another LRR type is preferred so at least there is a mileage warranty unlike the OEM ones.

I had a hell of a time getting fronts replaced as one bulged out. Costco had none. Got it through a local tire shop. They said these were Prius tires and had to order them. I have to take a look what they are. They are low resistance tires but no Michelins, that's for sure.

I'll update this post later.

Back