California Rebate timing? (CVRP)

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockytt

Not exactly earth-shattering, but as I'm the guy who keeps hitting "refresh" on the UPS web page every 15 minutes to see if his package status has updated...

Anyone know what the wait is these days to receive our check? Mine was approved near the end of January and I'm finding the whole "should take 90 days, but it might be longer" line from the state to be less than enlightening...

rockytt said:
Not exactly earth-shattering, but as I'm the guy who keeps hitting "refresh" on the UPS web page every 15 minutes to see if his package status has updated...

Anyone know what the wait is these days to receive our check? Mine was approved near the end of January and I'm finding the whole "should take 90 days, but it might be longer" line from the state to be less than enlightening...

Sounds like our situation too. I sure do like getting gummint money in the mail, it could show up anytime.

After waiting over 2 months I called the office and inquired. They said they had send sent it over a month before. I don't know, maybe it accidentally ended up in the junk mail pile. Regardless, they were very friendly and helpful and I got my check about a week later. Probably my best experience with a government agency ever.

Spoke with them on the phone yesterday as our claim had disappeared from their website ("your claim cannot be found").
Seems that their system had been "upgraded" so they couldn't track our rebate specifically, but "hoped it would be going out with the next batch" - whenever that might be.

I bought a second Rav4 EV during the third week of January 2014, and the CVRP application was mailed directly from the dealer.

They claimed that no registration was included, and threatened to cancel the application if I didn't respond in XX days.

Still no check.

I E-mailed my application and documents to them on Jan 14, 2014, got the approval notice by E-mail on the 23rd, and the check arrived on March 17, so closer to 60 days for me.

Approval 2/18 notification. Checked received 4/1.

Somewhere, I saw an article that stated they were not keeping up with demand for the checks and starting to run behind.

Update:
Just got email confirmation that the check has been mailed -
I'm out of town and can't verify - but it appears that the current process takes about 60 days from approval

For me, my timeline was...

Online Application Submitted 1/29/2014 9:37 AM
Documents Received Date 2/7/2014 12:00 AM
Application Approval Date 2/13/2014 12:00 AM
Check Mailed 3/28/2014 6:00 PM
Check Deposited!! 3/30/2014 2:00 PM

Scott

I sent mine out yesterday. (Online application and priority mail for the rest.)

I'm guessing that it will be sometime in June, then, if everyone's been getting theirs in 60 days.

I may not even get mine if the rumors are true that they aren't pumping anymore money into this project.

Back