Charge complete / interrupted notifications

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NORTON said:
Well, my '14 Spark EV has been working perfectly by telling my when it is done sipping electrons.
Plus, I always get a txt from chargepoint about the exact same time telling me the same thing.
Plus, if I don't touch the card to the EVSE before disconnecting from the car, I get a txt from chargepoint within 5 seconds telling me 'someone pulled your plug', or some such msg.

From commercial stations like Chargepoint, fine, but are the complete/interrupted notifications working this way from your personal evse at home???

Pawl,
To be clear; When plugged in near work on a free L2 I get two separate texts, almost at the same time.
One from Onstar (my car telling me "I'm full. Come and get me!) and one from chargepoint's network saying my car is "Not drawing much power and is probably done charging".

I can't answer about home charging, but I'm sure the Onstar alert would also work at home.
This alert goes out on the car's cell phone to the Mothership (Onstar) and then they send my phone a text, correct?

I am on a quest to never charge at home. I want to have this Spark EV for at least 2 years and not spend a dime on powering it.

I may start plugging in at home during really hot or cold times. But I'll set a delayed charge for after I unplug it in the morning.
I will only be powering the battery's Thermal Management System during those times. This is 'Battery Conditioning' in Spark EV lingo.
I have a home L2, (previous Volt owner), but I may just use the car's L1 so I can track TMS costs with a 'Killawatt'.
I use the free DCFC's that are around my town on weekends, when needed.

Thanks for the feedback, Norton. OnStar has "reset" my account several times now - one time that process took out all communications on the vehicle until I could take it in to the dealer.
I've tried logging out, logging in, turning notifications off, then on. As an IT guy, I'm highly confident this is a system problem in a majority of 2015 Spark EV's. OnStar continues to call me and ask me to try different things - even after I told them I'm expecting compensation for helping them diagnose a system problem when they could just walk out to the parking lot and diagnose it on their own test vehicle.

I don't get it.

Back