End of Lease Purchase Option

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fengshui

I received my first letter from my lessor about purchasing the Spark at the end of my lease (in about a year). Has anyone else gotten one and actually gotten the quote from the leasing company? Are lease purchase offers solely based on the original contract, or is it something you can get a better or worse deal on? Right now, I expect I'll continue to want a small EV, but am not sure whether to purchase, lease again, or something else. The Bolt and Tesla Model 3 are also on the horizon, and bridging a year or two to those cars is something to consider over another 3 year lease.

Thoughts?

It's extremely rare that the end-of-lease purchase price can't be negotiated, but I can't speak specific to the Spark since I bought mine. Also, FWIW you don't need to get a 3 year lease...we specifically got a 2 year lease on our Leaf back in the day because we didn't want the longer commitment.

Bryce

Nashco said:
It's extremely rare that the end-of-lease purchase price can't be negotiated, but I can't speak specific to the Spark since I bought mine. Also, FWIW you don't need to get a 3 year lease...we specifically got a 2 year lease on our Leaf back in the day because we didn't want the longer commitment.
In California, nearly everyone gets the 3-year lease, as you don't get the $2500 state rebate for leases less than 36-months.

Back