Four 185 Tires? (Bridgestone Ecopia 422 Plus)

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amphibious

I've been reading through the tire threads and I've seen several confirmations that four 195 tires can be used, but I haven't seen anything about four 185s. I would imagine this is possible, but has anyone done it? Anything I should be aware of? (I was getting new tires for my other car, and the local tire shop guy said that putting 185s on the rear might affect traction control)

The Bridgestone Ecopia 422 Plus seems to be a good option for better grip/traction without the diminished range that is reported with non-LRR tires, but it's only available in 185.

Thoughts?

I obsessed on tire sizes for quite a while and wondered about 185's all around. The only thing I came up with is that the 185 has a lower weight carrying capacity, so there could possibly be a situation where the tire is overloaded, maybe.

Here's another way to approach it: you could put a set of Michelin LRR tires in 195 all around, then you'd have markedly improved performance wet or dry, and I would bet you'd see negligible reduction in range.

nikwax said:
Here's another way to approach it: you could put a set of Michelin LRR tires in 195 all around, then you'd have markedly improved performance wet or dry, and I would bet you'd see negligible reduction in range.

And that would be the Michelin Premier A/S?

amphibious said:
nikwax said:

And that would be the Michelin Premier A/S?

Yes, someone on the forum has those and is very happy with them.

I'm happy with my BFG's, but they are not LRR.

nikwax said:
Yes, someone on the forum has those and is very happy with them.

I'm happy with my BFG's, but they are not LRR.

Thanks! I just got those on my other car, and I've been happy with them.

Back