FYI Interested Buyers outside of California and Oregon

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeChevy

I've been getting a lot of interest from people outside of CA and OR these past few months, so I thought I would just make a thread.

Per our dealer franchise agreement with GM, we can only sell or lease the Spark EV to residents of California or Oregon. I know that there have been individuals that have purchased or leased vehicles and brought them to other states, but unfortunately we would risk losing our dealer franchise if we were to sell/lease out-of-state.

If the Spark EV becomes available in other states, then I would definitely be glad to help.

And a follow up for those that are out of state interested in buying a Spark EV. I am in Oregon and have many friends in Oregon and California that are very willing to purchase a car and are comfortable with buying and selling cars as well as using transportation companies for long distance vehicle shipping.

No need to fear the boogie man. If you want the car and live out of state, there are ways to acquire it.

Bryce

Much like GM, Toyota only sells their CARB-ZEV compliance car in California. Until October 2013, there was no specific restriction to sell them out of state, however Toyota clamped down on the dealers shipping them out.

Both the Rav4 EV and Spark EV receive 3 CARB-ZEV credits for each car sold AND REGISTERED FIRST in California.

So, if you want one, just fly to California (or Oregon for the Spark EV) and buy it. You will pay all the California and Oregon taxes and fees, and then put it on a truck and ship it wherever you want.

Back