Latest Lease Offer--Your Opinions Please

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboSoCal

New to the forum. Hoping to become a Spark EV owner/leasee soon.

Could you all offer your opinion on a lease offer I have and Spark EV w/quick charge: 36 mo, 2k down, 231/month including taxes, 15k mi/year.

Regards to all,

TurboSoCal

Also, just to note, I'd prefer to purchase and was waiting for the 2015 to come out, but got this lease offer and find myself tempted....

I don't know how to compare the 15k and 12k lease, other than by mileage penalties but...

this seems to be too high to me.

I am paying $214 for 36mo and under $1k down.
Extra $16 a mo, puts you almost at $600 extra payment.
If you wanted to buy in the first place, why are you even considering a lease?
If it's the color that you were after (with 2015), by leasing a "wrong" color car you end up making a "deal" that is costing you to possibly hate your car for the next 36 month :) Unless you are planing on falling in love with the color.
I chose the 2014 becasue of the battery and the (white) color I got was my second best choice.

.25 cent for each mile. from 12k to 15K is 3Kx.25 is $750x3year is $2250.

If you know you will drive more than 12K a year you should consider 15K.

I think your lease is a good deal.

Aug 2013 deal was 1000 down and 250 monthly for 15,000 miles.
1000 with tax came to 1600.

Do not buy! You'll get burned on resale. In 2 years the EV choices will put your investment in a dust bin.

Bought my second Spark EV, replacing one that was totaled hitting a Scion that pulled out of a side street (front end to driver side collision). Upped the mileage on this lease to 15k, found we liked driving it a lot more than we anticipated. $253/mo total payment with $1000 cash out the door. Same 2LT with Fast Provision Charging.

It was clear the company the insurance company outsources their estimating to has no idea how to estimate EV repairs, the repair list included replacing the radiator and radiator brackets. Nothing about any of the smashed electronics, charging port, etc in the front.

sparkyps said:
Bought my second Spark EV, replacing one that was totaled hitting a Scion that pulled out of a side street (front end to driver side collision). Upped the mileage on this lease to 15k, found we liked driving it a lot more than we anticipated. $253/mo total payment with $1000 cash out the door. Same 2LT with Fast Provision Charging.

It was clear the company the insurance company outsources their estimating to has no idea how to estimate EV repairs, the repair list included replacing the radiator and radiator brackets. Nothing about any of the smashed electronics, charging port, etc in the front.
Hope everyone is alright!
Thank you for sharing and "congrats" on the second one, not that you really wanted it.
I am assuming it was a pretty much a "small offset" type of the collision? How did the driver & if any, the passenger do in the crash? How many airbags deployed?
I know that ICE Spark is the best rated overall compare to the rest of small hatchbacks, but this is not the same vehicle and your own live experience....

nmikmik said:
sparkyps said:

Hope everyone is alright!
Thank you for sharing and "congrats" on the second one, not that you really wanted it.
I am assuming it was a pretty much a "small offset" type of the collision? How did the driver & if any, the passenger do in the crash? How many airbags deployed?
I know that ICE Spark is the best rated overall compare to the rest of small hatchbacks, but this is not the same vehicle and your own live experience....

Full frontal into the side of the other vehicle. Car did a great job of protecting both the driver and front seat passenger. OnStar did a nice job of calling for help as well. Nobody needed to go to the hospital. Other driver was driving his wife's car and was specifically an excluded driver so my uninsured motorist coverage kicked in. All four front airbags went off.

If anyone wants pics that the insurance company took, let me know where to upload them. Probably some good stuff in there for the tinkerer, like a fast provision setup that could possibly be moved to another vehicle that doesn't have it. If I could pick up the salvage for not too much I'd be very tempted to do so.

sparkyps said:
Full frontal into the side of the other vehicle. Car did a great job of protecting both the driver and front seat passenger. OnStar did a nice job of calling for help as well. Nobody needed to go to the hospital. Other driver was driving his wife's car and was specifically an excluded driver so my uninsured motorist coverage kicked in. All four front airbags went off.

If anyone wants pics that the insurance company took, let me know where to upload them. Probably some good stuff in there for the tinkerer, like a fast provision setup that could possibly be moved to another vehicle that doesn't have it. If I could pick up the salvage for not too much I'd be very tempted to do so.
Hey, thanks for sharing!
So you actually ended up T-boning the other car... Glad that Sparky did it's job of protecting you.

hmmm, does the Ins comp take the totaled car? Some don't, that is why I ask and Wonder if you could have used the batteries or other parts.

Back