Modification to feed smart phone sound through speakers?

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pawl

No, not iTunes—I know the radio will play the music loaded in my music library. I'm talking about apps that generate music (for example). Is there some sort of tweak that will deliver all sounds besides music library and phone calls through the speakers?

I would have considered subscribing to SiriusFM if it had a bit more channels of music I like, jazz and classical. During the trial period I enjoyed the various oldies stations, rock, folk, R&B, and some others, but having just one jazz and two classical, wasn't worth the monthly fee.

In my former Subaru I had various NOAA weather stations which I appreciated having. I can get these on my phone (through Wunderground), but again, I's like to feed it through the speakers. Instead, I have about 6 or 8 FM stations I like to listen to, and another couple of dozen empty "favorites" slots, unused.

My beef for the end of April. Ah, a new month begins.

Have you tried hooking an audio cable from the smartphone's headset jack to the 3.5mm phone jack on the dashboard? It's down by the seat heat controls. Then set the radio's input to, i believe, AUX. I've done this a couple of times with mixed results for sound quality. At least the cable is cheap to buy, if it doesn't work you've lost almost nothing.

Pawl said:
Thanks...I'll try both tips.

You have to have your car unit's audio set to Bluetooth. If you don't you won't hear any phone sounds unless someone rings in or you ring out.

Back