Mylink apps for the Spark EV

Chevy Spark EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Spark EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindsayNB

Judging by the developers forum, it looks like the GM MyLink apps failed to catch on with developers. If there were someone developing apps, what app would you want to see? I'm thinking EV-specific in particular.

My first thought is that something that helped you log your driving, with distance, kWh used, average speed, temperatures, whatever, would be nice to have. Being able to log it in the car and then send it to your phone or computer would be convenient.

Something that incorporated the plugshare charger location data might be helpful.

The possibilities for smartphone integration seem endless, as long as you don't get into distracting the driver.

Any ideas based on your EV driving experience?

I just posted this in General Forum, but again:

I would absolutely love an app that predicted driving range in real time based on elevational change, temperature, wind speed and traffic conditions. I know there is one for just elevational change, but it's not perfect, and doesn't even have the Spark EV available as a choice under car selection.

I also think that the onstar app is not responsive enough and wish the Spark would communicate wirelessly via wifi instead of onstar.

xylhim said:
I also think that the onstar app is not responsive enough and wish the Spark would communicate wirelessly via wifi instead of onstar.

It won't happen because Onstar can't charge you to use your own wi-fi.

Back